“Bayfront Bungle!”

Bayfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“Bayfront Bungle!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I have been going there for years. Prices have soared in past year. Not too clean but adequate. But the staff is RUDE and accusatory. Insinuated that a friend stole the towels when room was reassigned because the lights did not work. Big sign in room warning guests about taking their property. They threatened tto charge for the towels for which the maid did not leave. Staff is all family run. They are not very friendly. They walked away when we tried to discuss the matter.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Higley13
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Clarion, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

The hotel room seemed nice, but as soon as I walked in it had a weird smell and tried to turn on the lights they wouldnt come on. Went to plug the lights and the clock in and there was no outlet near them. Me and my friend went back to Waldameer while my mom stayed there. When we returned my mom told us that above the one light there were cobwebs and the stand between the beds were dirty. I looked at the floor and found a small potato chip on the floor and the floor between the beds and the stand was dirty. My mom said that on the website it said free internet but when i went to the check in/out desk and asked about it the man said there was a $5 fee per devise. They barely had any thing to eat for breakfast. The man at the check in desk talked really quite and could barely understand him. The only thing good about this inn was it was not far away from Waldameer. I would not recommend this inn

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Ash742010

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Never again in spite of location! The bathroom was dirty, hair on dirty tub, toilet dirty, coffee pot not cleaned, microwave didn't work,salt water pool, strong lysol smell etc. My grandchildren are only 9 and 5 and they noticed how dirty it was. Don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank bon1454
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

We went to the lake to enjoy Labor Day and stayed for the 4th and 5th of Sept. The usual owners, who also manage and work the entire place, were not there upon check in they had a nice young couple covering for them who did not know how to use the computer system for billing. Instead of the owner being apologetic that we were over charged he informed me I could argue all I want he would not look into the bill because my statement had not been at month end for the credit card I had used!! Very rude, ignorant and dirty place all around!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank sum00
Woodstock, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

I took my son here for the FLW fishing tournament, I didn't know the area so I tried to get a hotel as close to the marina as possible since tournament check in is at 5:30 am, the only thing and I mean ONLY good thing about this place is the location! We are 2 miles from Presque Isle Bay State Park. As I sit here I am looking at a piece of gum on the wall, a cheerio and filth behind the night stand, mold on the ice bucket lid etc... I'm going to search the area for another room now because I am physically getting sick looking around here!
If I came here earlier yesterday I would never had stayed but we drove 6 1/2 hrs. and were exhausted, now that it's becoming daylight I'm seriously grossing out!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business