All reviews water park splash lagoon social hour bedroom suite full kitchen jacuzzi tub waffles stove top living area pull out couch sausage early check front desk staff breakfast buffet mini vacation peach street definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Hotel is a good location. The room across the hall from us had a big dog barking for several hours. I called the front desk and asked if the people could please quiet the dog down before we went to bed. A little while later there was a knock on our door. It was the lady from across the hall. She apologized for her dog barking...they were at dinner. So the front desk told them who complained...not a good idea. Is there no hotel policy on disturbances?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank T B
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The team did not give out the information of who had concerns. They told the guest surrounding rooms could hear the dogs. The owner of the dogs visited all the rooms to apologize. I completely understand how you may have thought something different. We hope to be able to serve you in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We wish that Marriott won't let their properties age to the point where it is noticeable that it needs serious updating. This location has obviously been refreshed over the years, but is now at a point where more is needed. On the positive side, it is a great location, the front desk staff was very nice and efficient and the room was very comfortable and clean. On the downside, the cleaning staff had left a trash bag in the hall and the breakfast staff was not interested in being customer friendly. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback,. We are excited that our property is up for renovation and updating this fall and we hope that you will come back to see all the improvements that we are so excited about . I apologize for any negative experience you had and we will of course look at those concerns from a property level. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I am a Marriott Elite Member and have come to expect good quality from Marriott properties. This WAS NOT. It was incredibly dirty - there was garbage in the hallways, hair on the bedspread, stains in the toliet that gagged me, horribly stained sofa and carpets - to name a few. We almost left but it was late and we had been driving for 9 hours.

The room was so run down as was the property.

It was the worst Marriott property I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Don't even bother.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that you had a negative experience and I will be looking into all your concerns here on a property level. We will be renovating and updating the property in the fall and we hope that you will come back to see all the improvements and changes. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

One night stay returning to NY from Pittsburgh area. I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street but I decided to give the Erie Residence Inn a try. I split my business stays almost equally between Hilton and Marriott so I get some good opportunities to compare. This particular Residence Inn is in a convenient location right off of I-90. It is attached to Splash Lagoon it that interests you. The hotel is in need of some room renovations and updating. I stayed in a queen suite with a whirlpool. Bathroom/whirlpool is severely outdated. The water "jets" barely circulated any water and it sounded like a 747 jet engine when turned on....not very relaxing. The exterior of the property was relatively well maintained; very dated interior. Before I attempted my whirlpool in my room I decided to get a workout in. There are two (2) treadmills and one (1) elliptical machine. All three have seen much better days and need maintenance. Additionally, ALL 3 machines had broken/inoperable television screens and audio ports. I have been to hotels that had one machine with a broken screen...but never all 3. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and my room was quiet and I did get a goon nights sleep. Breakfast looked to be average....I grabbed a yogurt and a coffee and hit the road as there were no scrambled eggs at the breakfast serving station and was advised by the breakfast attendant they would be out shortly. *Staff was polite. I will probably choose another hotel on my next overnight stay in Erie.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Melissa C, General Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always appreciate hearing about the stay from the guest perspective. I will make sure to look into each aspect of the details your provided. We are in progress of finalizing renovation plans to update the property so I sincerely hope that you will come back and see us in the fall when this project is underway. Thank you again for your review and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I was welcomed by a very friendly front desk man, named Pierre. He was extremely helpful and gave us a great experience. More hotels need employees like Pierre!! Overall, a great experience. Thank you so much. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We sincerely appreciate it and I will make sure I share your feedback with Pierre. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!