“Try Peruvian and Columbian Cuisine”
Review of El Chasqui

El Chasqui
Ranked #41 of 296 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Description: My wife and I owned a smaller coffee shop next door (The Juice and Coffee Shop), once this location was available we moved over here and changed the name of the business to a full serve restaurant. We have been downtown Easton for almost 5 years. We serve American breakfast from eggs, home fries, pancakes all the way to omelettes and french toasts, we have Peruvian and Colombian coffees as well as hot chocolate made from scratch. All of our foods are made from scratch, home made type.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My favorite here is the pollo a la braza. Until I came here with my family, I didn't know it was possible to make grilled chicken taste so good. Try the lomo saltado, ceviche, and traditional Peruvian and Columbian dishes. Yes it is possible to order Mexican dishes here as well. (Trip Advisor does not have a Peruvian and Columbian category.) All are great. We always receive excellent service in this family-run restaurant. The location is in the center of downtown Easton. Great choice for families. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a BYOB place located on 3rd Street half a block North of the square. They serve traditional Peruvian and Colombian cuisine. We had their most popular Peruvian dishes and they were excellent. The portions are very large and the prices are very reasonable. The service was most helpful and friendly. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant was clean, bright, has a lot of windows facing 3rd Street and is suitable for the whole family. They also have a brisk takeout business. We will definitely go here again.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Food is delicious, authentic and served hot by a friendly waiter. I had grilled Tilapia w Rice n Beans and tostones and shared a Tres Leche cake. Hubby had catfish. Restaurant is comfortable and cozy. Great find and a family run business.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Nice to get a Peruvian feel in downtown Easton.The couple that own it very nice.They give plenty of good for the money.I still like Columbia restaurants in Clifton NJ better but excellent choice for something different in PA.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We decided to try EL CHASQUI as we are expanding our dining locations. The experience here could not have been any better. There are about 10 tables and only 2 were occupied when we arrived are 6:00. When we left the place was almost full. Patrons were couple and families. A pleasant neighborhood restaurant.
My wife and I shared Columbian empanadas as an appetizer. The seasoning was great. For main courses the fish ceviche and whole sea bass were ordered. Both portions were substantial and simply excellent. The ceviche was spicy with hot pepper. The dish included Peruvian corn, potato and a small salad. My sea bass was deep fried to perfection with a seasoned coating; not greasy and the fish was moist and tender. Sweet plantains and a salad were included. Everything was wonderful and should be considered by anyone interested in South American foods. BYOB is welcomed.
This is a family owned and run establishment. We will be back.

Luis M, Manager at El Chasqui, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hi thank you very much for your kind words on your review and as we do with all but all of our customers without exception we try to provide our best service and best foods to everybody equally that's why our customers are from all over the world our food to be eaten by anyone and we treat our customers as family.