“Not what we ordered.”

Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 33
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cherubina Ristorante Romantic dinner setting for ether a couple or family dinner. Make sure you stop and pick up your favorite bottle because we are BYOB restaurant.
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We went to Cherubina for my husband's birthday dinner and ordered two filets. One au poivre, one with mushrooms and extra marsala sauce. Both orders were incorrect. My husband's filet had demi-glace sauce and mushrooms and my filet had no sauce at all. When he sent his back the cook/owner came out and explained that it couldn't be undone without starting over. He accepted his steak as-was.
The table next to ours got the same mis-ordered steak. They were offered a correction to the sauce. Additionally, they were given desserts at no charge. We were offered nothing.
For $100, we'd love to get what we ordered.

Date of visit: February 2013
2  Thank Joan S

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at Cherubina's immensely. Homemade food prepared as you would like in a charming old home. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, the Chicken Caccitore was the best we ever had and the tilapia was wonderful also. The salad with blue cheese and walnuts was very tasty. The wide variety of desserts were fabulous. And they didn't disappoint, the creme brulee, chocolate walnut cake and tiramisu were all delicious. This restaurant was selected because we were attending a show at the State Theater and based on teh reviews we headed on over and we were extremely pleased and will go back. BYOB which is also nice.

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I already have an older review here but I thought since it's been a while, let me update. I had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with my parents. Again, the same attentive service, without being overbearing. My senior parents can be a bit hard to please and they loved their meals as did I. The salads we ordered had a wonderful, very light citrus flavor to them - delicious. I want that receipe ! :):) I also had a crab chowder/no corn and it was to die for. Creme brulee was perfect, not runny and just right. We also had an ice cream dish with large triangle sheets of chocolate decorating the dish giving a WOW reaction. You have to share this one. Every night there are specials. My only suggestion is that it would be nice to see a list of the specials with the prices on them so we could mull over the excellent choices a bit longer and not have to ask to have something repeated. It its so nice to be able to go to a restaurant these days and know before hand that you will have a great experience and great food. Thank you Cherubina Ristorante for another terrific evening. You work so hard to make everything just right and perfect.

Date of visit: December 2012
1  Thank ssg47
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Our friends recommended this restaurant to us. My only disappointment is that we didn't get there sooner. Everything about our dining experience far exceeded our expectations. Both the food and the service were exceptional. The atmosphere in this charming place did much to add to the overall enjoyment. We will definitely be going back.......soon.

Date of visit: December 2012
3  Thank Diane V
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Friendly elderly hosts (owners) and attentive waitstaff (Angel). Olive garden tastes just as good though. Chicken in the cacciatore lacked flavor. It was neither sauteed nor breaded as expected in such a dish.BYOB not enough of a draw for me even though i like to save greenbacks. Loud but somewhat cozy Victorian home atmosphere. I truly wanted to love it based on reviews. Sadly disappointed where taste rules in my choices.