“Mother's Day Lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Family lunch for Mother's Day, our first time visiting the restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly. Our server, Collette, was outstanding. Ambiance is that of a typical French brasserie. Acoustics could be improved as it was quite noisy. Food was very good with a few minor exceptions. The bouillabaisse was tasty but mostly pasta with 2 pieces of each type of shellfish and a children's burger bun was burnt.on the inside The other choices were excellent, the pork shank and roasted chicken were large portions and very well prepared.

Don't understand the comment from another reviewer about parking as there is a multi-tiered public parking garage literally one street away.

Date of visit: May 2016
Josh P, Owner at Maxim's 22, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

CubLakeCouple, thank you for leaving us a great review on our TripAdvisor!

It's great to see you and the family were able to make it our for Mother's Day dinner. Hearing how well our service treated you is music to our ears. Bringing together accommodating service, delicious food, and a soothing ambiance is what we're all about at Maxim's 22. We're glad you took notice! However, please feel free to let us know about anything that needs ​​ during your meal. Preparing a fresh set of burger buns would've been our pleasure!

We'd love to see you back for another visit soon. If there's any way we can accommodate you during your next visit, please let us know. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Overpriced and average food. The service was good. I will try again one night when I visit the area. Nice atmosphere but parking is a problem.

Date of visit: January 2016
Josh P, Owner at Maxim's 22, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback, John.

It's unfortunate to hear you aren't completely satisfied with your recent dining experience. We're disappointed to hear our food and parking didn't meet your expectations. Providing our guests with a great experience from beginning to end is very important to us.

Please know these concerns will be addressed with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve for the future. With this said we're glad to hear our staff was a pleasure to interact with and you enjoyed our relaxing atmosphere.

We hope to have another chance to show you what we're truly capable of. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, John. We hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We went to Maxim 22 for dinner; we took our Finnish co-worker who was in town for a few days. All in all it was a very good evening and left us feeling that we had picked a good place to take someone visiting our area for the first time.

I had the steak tartare it was very good. I especially LOVED the chips that come with it. Another at our table had the tuna tartare and was equally pleased with theirs. The other two at our table had salads and agreed that they were also prepared well and were very tasty.

Next onto the entrée, two of us got the seared duck breast. Absolutely delicious! The duck was prepared perfectly, seared spot on, tender, juicy and a generous portion. And the duck fat hash browns…. I can’t do those justice in a review. All I can say is I will have a very hard time ever eating regular hash brown again. Just. That. Good. It also came with asparagus with was cooked perfectly; it still had a little bite to it. Last but not least was some sort of seasonal gastric. I still have no idea what it was or what was in it, but I enjoyed it along with the rest of the meal. All in all very, very good, not one complaint about my meal. The other individual who also ordered this entrée was also very pleased with the entire meal and felt pretty much identical to my opinion of the meal. Our Finnish co-worker got the Seafood Bouillabaisse, he was quite pleased with it, and he had nothing but good things to say about it. For the life of me I can’t remember what the 4th person in our party got that evening. All I know is that he also enjoyed his entrée. No complaints, only good things to say about it.

Now onto the not so positive part of the meal. Another and I ordered the Financier brown butter almond cake. This sounded to me like it was going to be the dessert of my dreams. I LOVE almonds and cake and who doesn’t love brown butter? Well, I don’t know if it was almonds in the cake or what but every bite I took the texture was that of eating eggshells. It was extremely off-putting, so much so that I couldn’t even finish it. It was so unfortunate because the flavor was ridiculously good. But, when you’re eating cake the last thing you want is the texture of eggshells. Even if it really was pieces of almonds I could not get past it. The other individual who ordered it said he didn’t get the off-putting texture until he was almost completely finished with his entire piece of cake… So I truly have no idea if it was almonds or eggshells. I also made a 3rd person at the table try it and they also agreed with me that it was very noticeable and unappealing to say the least. Our Finnish co-worker got the Crème Brulee and he enjoyed that. He didn’t have any issues whatsoever with his dessert.

I had also ordered the French lemonade as a drink and I did not like it at all. There was something about it that I really did not like, not sure if it was the large piece of lavender they stuck in it or what. I ended up letting someone else at our table take that drink and then I ordered the white sangria. I have had better sangria. I drank it but it was not my favorite drink. Everyone else at the table was happy with their drink choices.

All in all it was a good meal. Will I go back? I certainly hope so; the entrée’s were just that good. If I go back I will ask if the Financier cake is supposed to be crunchy and if they say yes then I will go with something else for sure. I didn’t question it when we were there because of our Finnish co-worker being with us. I didn’t feel it was appropriate to bring up any negatives while entertaining someone from out of the country.

Date of visit: March 2016
Josh P, Owner at Maxim's 22, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for the great review!

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Maxim's 22! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our delicious Steak Tartare and our Seared Duck Breast as well as our tasty Hash Browns. We're delighted to hear your co-workers also enjoyed our fantastic Seafood Bouillabaisse and Creme Brûlée.

We're however disappointed to hear our financier and cocktails didn't meet your expectations. We truly value providing our guests with an excellent meal from beginning to end. Please know these concerns will be addressed with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve our services in the future.

With this said, we're glad to hear you would come back to dine with us again. We look forward to having the chance to share an even better experience with you in the near future! Thank you once more for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Overall I would say the food is good. We ordered many dishes as usual. Most notable were the duck confit, steak tartare and the goat cheese tart. As far as entrees went they lacked the luster of the first course. My husbands steak was overcooked, my father didn't like the lamb. I had the chicken and it was good, everyone loved the fries. We were too stuffed for dessert. The drinks were exceptionally well made. I would probably order appetizers and drinks next time and skip the entrees.

Date of visit: April 2016
Josh P, Owner at Maxim's 22, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Rebecca, Thank you for sharing your review of Maxim's 22.

We are so glad you stopped by for dinner. You made some good choices with the duck confit, steak tartare and the goat cheese tart. We are disappointed to hear some of the entrees did not meet your expectations. It's good to hear you enjoyed our fries and exceptionally well-made​ drinks. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Thank you again for sharing your review, Rebecca. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

35 Minutes to get a cocktail, 30 minutes to get soup and an additional 35 minutes for our entrees. So our soup arrived before cocktails. Cocktails consisted of Kettle One on the rocks and wine, 35 minutes?....

Don't know what was going on but service was a melt down.

Food was very good, Mushroom Soup, Cod Special wonderful sauce, Nicoise Salad nice rare tuna.

I think on another night I would go back, if I experienced the same service again I'd never go back.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank BooBoo18069
Josh P, Owner at Maxim's 22, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your feedback.

We're disappointed to hear you aren't completely satisfied with your recent dining experience. It's unfortunate to hear the timing of the service you received was off. Providing our guests with a great experience from beginning to end is something we truly value. Please know this concern will be addressed with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve our services in the future.

With this said, we're glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our delicious Mushroom Soup and Cod Specials as well as our Tuna Nicosie. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with the quality experience we're truly capable of. Thank you once more for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you have a great day.

Been to Maxim's 22? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK