“Po' Boy Lunch”
Review of The Bayou

The Bayou
Ranked #26 of 314 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Description: The Bayou Easton offers southern inspired American dining with a creative take on classic New Orleans cooking.
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great place. We sat at a high top next to the bar. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, and great food. We had the brisket Po' boy and the oyster Po' boy, and shared each. The fries are especially great.

Definitely recommend for a great lunch stop right in the center of town!

#DatBayouEaston

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My first observation is that this place serves large portions. I mean really large portions. The Mac and cheese with peas was an early hit and the fried green tomatoes left nothing to be desired. The breaking was spot on and the tomato tasty within. On the main course side the shrimp and grits and fried chicken were better than the shrimp poboy. The drinks were good and the service (Matt) top notch. Would go back to this spot again and again, it's one of the best options in Easton.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2017

As a fan of Bethlehem's The Bayou, we were happy to see the new Easton option. We sat at the bar and were quickly waited on. Staff is friendly and professional. Bar drink menu offered a variety of specialty cocktails and beers. We ordered 3 appetizers: Mac & cheese were served in a skillet, perfect to share, tasty & filling. Collard greens were flavorful and cooked to perfection. The Pork belly appetizer was good, as well. The wait staff were attentive and interacted with patrons, creating an inviting atmosphere for all. There was a full bar at 8 PM on a Wednesday - good to see in downtown Easton. I'm pleased that The Bayou has joined downtown Easton and will be returning for dinner!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

First the bad: much too noisy, my 10 and 12 yo kids said it was like walking into their school's cafeteria, but these were mostly adults and many of them older! My husband said it was like being in an industrial chicken coop. All the outdoor seating was occupied. My daughters glazed chicken thighs were a pale white color and looked wet, almost as if these thighs were steamed. We didn't understand that dish at all. She took a couple bites and then wouldn't eat any more. The beignets tasted like sourdough and none of us liked the flavor so we will not order it again.
Now the good: the rest of the food was great - we all loved the mac n cheese, cornbread, and fried oysters. Our favorite dish was the bRussel sprouts with reduced balsamic glaze, this disappeared in seconds (but my family loves Brussels sprouts so not a surprise). I was confused with the shrimp and grits because the balsamic was poured on quite heavy but after a while I got used to it. This dish is very heavy on flavor and taste, there's salty of course but also sweet and spicy and sour from the vinegar. With 5 large shrimp that were cooked well. I took most of this home and it was very good on reheating. The grits are a very fine ground. My husband had catfish and collard greens, and he didn't love it, but his plate was clean. The waitress was very nice. We could not hear her well and had to ask her to repeat what she was saying; she apologized for the noise. The manager came over to apologize for my daughters dish and asked to replace it with something else. We arrived 15 min early for our reservation at 8 and they seated us at 8 exactly. We'll return with the kids to try different items, knowing well what we did and did not like. The food is certainly different. Give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I am hoping this was just because they just opened recently!
Not as good as the one in Bethlehem that's for sure.
We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The volume in the restaurant was so loud it was hard to hear the server. Hush puppies were burnt and couldn't taste the jalapenos- very bland. Fried chicken was moist under the unseasoned crust. I ordered fries instead of sweet potatoes- got sweet potatoes and was told I can scrape them off the carving board or just over look them. Frog legs were ok - same unseasoned batter. We told the serve of our issues but she didn't seem to care much... she had friend's at another table who received most of her attention that night.
When going to a Southern Bayou restaurant you expect some southern flavor... Not what we found here.
Maybe after they settle in a while and work out the kinks of the we venture we will try again

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to The Bayou? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK