“Relaxing getaway! ”

Deerfield Health Retreat and Spa
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

I just got back from a lovely weekend with three of my friends. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the Poconos while enjoying various activities which were healthy, relaxing a fun! The food was great.. many healthy options. We had many classes to chose from including yoga, hiking, kick boxing and much more. The massages were wonderful and the staff is super friendly. We made lots of new friends who were there just to get away or to kick start /maintain their healthy lifestyles. This resort is rustic, yet very clean and well maintained. If you enjoy the feel of a bed and breakfast, this is a great place to consider going to. We really enjoyed our experience here and we plan on returning annually. :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
DeerfieldSpa52558, Public Relations Manager at Deerfield Health Retreat and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and love the feedback. We truly care what our guests think and want to continue to grow with the help and suggestions of our guests. We hope those new friendships remain,and that we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was looking for a retreat to jump-start a healthier lifestyle. I had gained a few pounds after going through menopause, and I needed some ideas for getting more active and eating better. I got all that and more at this spa! As others have said, it is not a fancy spa, but then that was not what I was looking for. I needed a lifestyle change -- and this place provided a beautiful setting with great hikes, calorie-controlled menu (that didn't make me feel like I was starving all the time!), a wide-variety of exercise classes for all fitness types, and great staff and patrons.

What I didn't expect was that the week I went, they also had guest speakers -- Dr. Luke Zhe , and Siobhan Hutchinson -- that spoke about things like meditation, energy balancing and Feng Shui, etc. I was open to learning about everything, but was skeptical about some of these things. My first "Energy Balancing" session, I became a believer. I have chronic pain in my neck which I have had every day for years now. I was given some techniques to deal with it, and had immediate results right there in the class! I now perform the techniques every day and I have been able to keep the pain away for the most part. (It sometimes comes back but not to the level it had been).

And the sessions with the Nutritionist that Deerfield brings in was also very enlightening as well! (And I thought I was pretty savvy when it came to nutrition...)

All in all, it was the perfect vacation for me at just the right time. I lost several pounds, was far more calm when I left, and have many different tools to use to keep my lifestyle change going. All this in a 7 night stay!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank kathy c

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we really love the feedback. We hope you are continuing on your healthy living journey and hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This was my 2nd trip back and it was just as enjoyable as the first. They are very accommodating and everyone is very pleasant. The hiking led by Richie was great. He was extremely knowledgeable. The food was very good and the gym facilities and teachers were fun and really challenging. We all had a good time and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Yellow0209

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and love the feedback. We truly care what our guests think and want to continue to grow with the help and suggestions of our guests. We'll pass along your nice comments to Richie, who will love to hear it!

Reviewed 25 June 2015

From beginning to end, everybody went out of their way to make me comfortable, as well as other patrons. The spa treatments were superb. The food was excellent. The wait staff; very accommodating. The perfect get away.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Pamela F

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and love the feedback. We truly care what our guests think and want to continue to grow with the help and suggestions of our guests. Hopefully we'll get to see you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Just returned from a 10-day visit to Deerfield Spa - what a terrific place! They have a wide range of exercise classes and hikes, and you can do as little or as much as you want.

The spa is located in the Pocono Mountains in PA in a very scenic area. Rates are very reasonable for a spa and are all inclusive. Just know that this is not a fancy spa like Canyon Ranch or Red Door (but then you could have 2 Deerfield Spa vacations for the same price as going to either of them).

I needed to kick-start my weight-loss and exercise plan and what a great spa to do it in. Rooms are cozy and quaint, service is top-notch, the instructors are knowledgeable and friendly (and will adapt the class for anyone with a physical limitation), and the food is so delicious for low calorie food. I lost 4 pounds and am definitely fitter than when I started.

This spa is very laid-back, with warm and friendly staff and guests. I will be keeping in touch with 2 individuals I met there. Primarily women go there (seems to be around 95% in my limited experience) but men are welcome also. One guy was there for their golf package and played every day.

Never thought I would do a sunrise hike (okay the sun was already up) but we left at 6:30 a.m. and 10 minutes later were on a lovely hike through the woods and some meadows. Hikes are rated as beginner, intermediate and advanced, so you can select whichever level you want.

There are daily yoga and Qigong classes as well as water aerobics, weights, separate upper and lower body workouts; the list goes on and on. And if you want to just de-stress and lounge by the pool and get massages, you can do that too! No pressure. Their massage and facial staff are the best - I've had a lot of massages over the years and Deerfield masseuses are exceptional.

You can come alone or with friends; there were several mother and daughter "couples" while I was there. I went by myself and it was terrific - I felt very welcomed by other guests to join in the conversation.

I can't wait to go back! Now, I just have to continue the diet and exercise here at home.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main house in a "superior comfort" room. It was lovely - full-sized bed...