“hotel not what it was”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Reviewed 16 August 2017

stayed there a year ago and rebooked for this year. Hotel not as clean, pool COLD, carpet worn and coming up in suite, coffee not replenished in suite, soaps and shampoo very cheap. Breakfast was ok - eggs not good, but waffles and bagels ok. Smoke alarm went off twice in hallway, very noisy, arguments in the parking lot one night. Won't stay there again. Washer and dryer not working

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Mary H,

Thank you for posting a review about your hotel experience and for staying with us. I am happy to learn that you considered our hotel once more for your travel needs. We aspire to provide impeccable services and accommodations to all of our guests. Although you were not overly satisfied with the room accommodation as well as our breakfast options and hotel amenities you received and I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared your comments with the hotel's upper management team to be addressed internally.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback as we value your visit. Your patronage to IHG and our brand is highly regarded and your comments are important as it will help the management of our hotel to improve your next visit. We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Zel N.
IHGService

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed with Staybridge in East Stroudsburg during the months of May and June, while my Father was having cancer surgery. The staff is incredible, gracious and adopted me as part of their family. Sam Patel is a wonderful business man and extends his heart to those he cares for. His family values are exemplary; fantastic value and excellent location. My Father and his 88 girlfriend live just across the Delaware in Belvedere, NJ.
Best locationn as they are only 15 minutes away.
Love the Poconos

Glenn Smith
K. Campbell

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the woodlands.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My room at the Staybridge Suites had a fairly strong smell. I'm not sure what sort of smell it was. But I didn't like it. The carpet and couch were old and kinda nasty looking. The ceiling and walls let in a good bit of noise from other travelers. The curtains were falling off their rails. The air conditioner unit never cooled the room to the desired temperature. Housekeeping woke me up with a knock even though I had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. There aren't many options in East Stroudsburg, but I would recommend the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express, even though they won't have kitchens like this one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi beebejames!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience and opting to stay with us. I'm deeply bothered to know that there was an unpleasant smell in your room and issue with its maintenance. This is certainly not what we want for any of our guests. On the upside, thank your for your 3-star rating for the service from our hotel staff.

We aim to provide true hospitality to all of our guests - be it the first stay or one among the many. Your comments are on board with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that we can take the necessary steps to avoid these lapses in the future.

We would like to thank you for continuing to make StayBridge Suites hotels your home away from home. We are all eager to showcase to you a more refined experience on your next stay with us.

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Nice hotel that was pet friendly. All rooms are suites with private bath. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and were very pleasant. The room was clean and the bed comfortable with plenty of pillows! The hotel serves a decent continental breakfast and in the evenings the also have food with desert! The grounds were well kept and clean. It was only 25 minutes to the Bushkill Falls Hike that I wanted to do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the the higher floors might be a little quieter, we could hear the person above us but, I t...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

At first, I found the manager Sam very helpful in accommodating us in regards to a personal request when we reserved a room for the night. Unfortunately our special needs son's seizure meds were left down at the Jersey shore and we didn't realize it until after the wedding at 11 pm. We never spent the night. The room ended up storing our suitcases until after the wedding reception. Then we had to drive two hours back to NJ. We didn't return back to Staybridge. I did request a discount on the room since we didn't even use it but I did not get a response...disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear ladybrady1,

Thank you for your review and for bringing your concern to our attention. I understand that part of your stay did not go as planned and regret the inconvenience you have experienced with your left medicine in the Jersey shore which prevented you from staying with us. I apologize the hotel management did not get back with you with your request. To follow-up, you may send an email to the hotel at staybridgepa@gcfhotels.com.

Looking forward to your next visit in the area so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.

9.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
18.2 km away
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK