“Shoddy Workmanship”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Overall, our stay was okay, and I would have rated this average if it weren't for the terrible and lackadaisical workmanship of our suite. There were holes in the walls and ceilings where fixtures weren't finished off, drawers falling out, handles not on drawers properly, and a light out. It was very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear megrnc,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodation. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed weekend before New Years to ski Shawnee with family. Beautiful New Hotel. Got a Wheelchair accessible 1 Bedroom Suite. Clean, well lit, and spacious! We're a family of 4. Surprised when we asked for extra towels and were told there were none? Asked for 1 extra blanket they didn't have one? Asked for housekeeping in the morning arrived after a day on the mountain and a snowstorm and found bed not made, towels still not changed and yesterday's garbage still there. Called and was told "your room was marked off the list"?? I know they were full up and busy but thats your answer, really???

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear CrotonFM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry the housekeeping service you received from our staff did not live up to your expectations. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This building is brand spanking new! I loved my stay here for ESU's Homecoming Weekend with my girlfriend. Budget Inn was sold out by the time I booked, but I was not disappointed with this as my second choice. The pillows on the bed were a bit oversized (and there were 6!) but the bed was phenomenal...we slept in so late we missed the football game! Stay here if you get the chance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed 9 December 2012

On a suggestion by a co-worker, I booked this hotel for 10 days for business in the middle of September, 2012. I couldn't be more pleased with the choice. The hotel had everything I needed for amenities and the staff was the best of any hotel I've ever stayed in!
Their rooms were very clean and spacious and the workspace was incredible.
They serve breakfast every morning and it's delicious. On Tues-Thurs they have a Happy Hour where they serve food, wine, and unlock a couple of beer taps from 5:30-7p. It was nice to have a mean and relax after a long day in the field.
Only negatives I could find (and not a big deal to me) is a small pool and a limited fitness center but both have enough to get job done.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We had the priviledge of staying in this property. We got off to a Rocky start, however, Ashley, Jenn, and the owner Adam, stepped up and made our stay very enjoyable.
Ashley and Jenn @ the front desk were FABULOUS, they made us feel at home!!
As we're on the road approx. 10 months out of the year and we stay in many places. I would reccomend Staybridge Suites in the Poconos to anyone that wants to stay where they'remade to feel at home!!

Room Tip: Reserve your room with either Ashley or Jenn !!