“OMG!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We love this place! Whether you go with just the immediate family or bring a large group, you will leave happy. The food is delicious and made fresh in small batches with care. And the smorgasbord (aka buffet) is immense. There are rooms of hot and cold foods. They even have specials each night. Desserts are phenomenal and it's necessary to try several different ones (ergo my need to lose some weight now!). Don't miss trying their wet bottom shoofly pie.

While waiting for a table or when you have hit the point of having trouble walking from having eaten far too much, a visit to the enormous gift shop under the restaurant is in order. Literally anything you think of as belonging in a gift shop can be found there, plus loads of other neat things.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Great potential poor execution

Long, slow lines as you pay first. Longer slower lines as you wait to be seated. Very very very slow and inefficient process to say the least. Some diners reported up to a 3 hour wait time. One of the staff This is a large place with the smorgasbord (buffet) off to one side. If you are seated on the opposite end, and we were, plan to walk a lot. The serving area is massive with two side that are mirror images for the most part. There is a grill section in the middle where you can’t get steak, roast beef, salmon, sausages, cheese steaks and more right odd she griddle. It would be impossible for me to to mention all that is on the food line, there is just so much. The food quality was fine, and the taste was fine as well. Nothing spectacular or standout just decent food. I would put this in line with a below average diner quality food that’s fine to just get a meal in but not something you crave. Long wait time to hike a mile so I can fight through a chaotic crowd to get a plate full of food that’s just fine... hard pass for me.

1  Thank emacnpa
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Located about 10 minutes off the Morgantown exit of PA Turnpike.
Was here for the 2nd time this past weekend to celebrate a few family birthdays - we had a party of 20. We went on a Saturday for breakfast (closed on Sundays) at 715am to beat the rush - got through the register line & seated quickly. Huge building seats 2000+ - 1 room of bigger group tables and 2 rooms for smaller parties. We were in the large party room and after instructions from the very nice hostess; we "attacked" the buffet. My group had a few big eaters and they had more than enough options.
Fresh made to order options include: Fresh made eggs & omelets; fresh made to order plain or flavored pancakes. Then plenty of cafeteria/buffet style of options - eggs, meats (bacon, sausage, scrapple - pork & turkey options); home fries, hash browns; sausage gravy; creamed beef and much more. Chicken fried steak & chicken tenders too. Cereal, oatmeal, fruit. Then your dessert options - donuts, pie, cake, and soft serve ice cream. Good coffee, milk, soda, slushy, and juice options too. Bottom line; there is something for almost everyone. Staff is extremely nice & helpful
I enjoyed a western omelet with hash browns & meats and some peanut butter chip pancakes for dessert
With taxes and service fee, we paid $61 for 5 people (plus left a tip) For the food and service, not many a better deal out there.
Plus, before the registers they sell wonderful baked goods and have a large great gift shop (with Amish wood goods and more) downstairs, where you can walk off you meal and get something to take home. Enjoy

1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I found the majority of the staff to be snotty....the Mennonite hostess was complaining to another employee about a customer and ignored us waiting to be seated. Once sat...I waited at the table while the rest of my party went up to get food... to pass time I checked my voicemail (holding the phone up to my ear) a woman came up to me and scolded me like I was 4, informing me of their "no talking on the phone policy". I wasn't talking on the phone I was checking on my voicemail, however I can see to her how it would have looked like it...I appreciate the policy because I agree with it, however, I feel her approach was poor...there was no gentle voice saying "excuse me" it was a harsh "WE DON'T ALLOW PHONE CALLS IN THE DINNER AREA, YOU NEED TO CONTINUE IT THE LOBBY NOW" when I informed her I was just checking my voicemail...there was no apology...it was an "oh" and walked away. Embarrassing and left a poor impression of the establishment. Been here more than once and I find the food mediocre and have found some of the staff to be snotty other times as well especially when it comes to their birthday dinner policy....look out.....after the most recent experience...will not be back.

2  Thank MrsJZH
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been eating here for a while over the years. The selection is large, food is hot for the most part and of middle of the road quality. It is not fine dining and but average comfort foods. My personal favorite is the breakfast buffet. At our last visit I can’t put my finger on it, but something was off/different. It wasn’t bad, just it didn’t seem the same. Maybe it was due to it being Good Friday. As an avid traveler it will be awhile before we have the opportunity to return, but we will be back, to see if that “off” feeling persists. After that we’ll make our long term decision about returning. For first time visitors, be prepared for large crowds and a little jostling at the buffet. The price is reasonable and there is ample parking. Keep in mind that you may have to wait in line both to pay and be seated at peak times.