“Okay little breakfast/Diner spot”

Ranch House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

It's a convenient little restaurant located right on the main drag thing at the hotel we stayed at food was okay Hospitality was great would eat there again if staying in the area

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We were on the road and stopped here for breakfast. It was wonderful! The food was great, as well as the service. Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We were on the road heading back home and needed to stop for lunch. The GPS indicated this restaurant would be along the way, so we gave it a try. We enjoy finding those local spots with varied menus. The restaurant is old, but clean. The staff is very friendly. Two in our party chose the salad bar as one of their sides. Although it is a rather small bar, with fewer options than many other restaurants that offer salad bars provide, they enjoyed the options that were offered. One in our party chose the stuffed chicken and enjoyed it. One had the waffles and chicken. Although she enjoyed it, she is not fond of dark meat, which was included. Another had the Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, which he described as just okay. The cheddar cheese was a strange addition for an Italian sandwich. I had the quinoa with vegetables. It was on the bland side. They need to kick it up with some seasonings and I think it would be much improved. As a vegetarian, I was just thrilled to have an option other than a veggie burger. It was good, it just could have been better. We enjoyed our dining experience here and would return if in the area.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Had heard good things over the years from locals and was looking forward to trying it. Stopped in on a Sunday night with the family. First thing I noticed was how spotless and clean the restaurant is-very we'll kept! Menu is somewhat limited but has the basics and local favorites. Hamburger was huge and my son said it was good. My daughter got kids shrimp and we were disappointed to see she only got 3 shrimp. My husband got cheeseburger sub, which wAs smaller than my sons Hamburger. I got one of their specialties- roast turkey. I was very disappointed by the portion size- it was small. Filling was bland and mushy. Turkey was frozen and reheated poorly- dried up during reheat in microwave. I think it tasted freezer burned too. Surprised that the portions were small considering the price- I think they are elevated to rake advantage of the travelers. Will not be making a return trip.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

My hubby & I travel US Rt 15 from northern PA to southern PA once a month to visit family and we always stop at the Ranch House. Breakfast is served all day, and the salad bar includes homemade soup (with additional choices always available, I LOVE their homemade beef vegetable). We've had numerous regular menu selections and specials and have never been disappointed. Portions are large. Deserts are awesome, the Peanut Butter Cream Pie and Fruit of the Forest Pie are favorites and the local ice cream is good, too. The owner is often around, saying "hello" and all the staff is welcoming. We recommend this restaurant to all our friends who travel by.