“Great family dining!”

Ranch House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My hubby & I travel US Rt 15 from northern PA to southern PA once a month to visit family and we always stop at the Ranch House. Breakfast is served all day, and the salad bar includes homemade soup (with additional choices always available, I LOVE their homemade beef vegetable). We've had numerous regular menu selections and specials and have never been disappointed. Portions are large. Deserts are awesome, the Peanut Butter Cream Pie and Fruit of the Forest Pie are favorites and the local ice cream is good, too. The owner is often around, saying "hello" and all the staff is welcoming. We recommend this restaurant to all our friends who travel by.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Recently a friend and I stayed in Duncannon, PA. We asked our hotel staff for a recommendation and he referred me to the Ranch House. The food and service were very good. I had the Sweet & Spicy Haddock and my friend had Scallops. We were even given the opportunity to substitute the soup & salad bar for a vegetable. My friend did so and exclaimed that the New England Clam Chowder was the best he tasted. Great place to eat and friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Stopped for brunch. The breakfast bar did not look good . . . food tired looking and not a lot of choices. All but two of the group ordered from the menu with the other two selecting the breakfast bar. The various breakfast items - eggs, pancakes, etc. were ok - nothing special. There was a pudding on the breakfast bar that was described as being banana pudding, vanilla pudding or coconut pudding. Not sure how the same pudding could taste differently to the three tasters. Wait staff was great . . . accurate orders, kept drinks filled . . . Seating arrangements were good. . . an all around average restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Very cute diner! Friendly staff for non locals. Hubby took me there to try their homemade sticky buns which were wonderful!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stopped in on Sunday afternoon and decided on the filled chicken breast and the baked ham. Baked ham was nothing more than a slice of processed ham, on the other hand my filled chicken breast was pretty good, real chicken with stuffing and gravy. Salad bar was okay but no cheese or bacon bits for toppings. Prices are reasonable and portions are decent. Would recommend to others and would stop in again when in the area.