“Great food, inefficient staff”
Review of Pizza Pie-O-Near

Pizza Pie-O-Near
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Drums
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I dined here on a Friday evening. We were a larger group and they accommodated us rather quickly. We ordered a couple of pizzas, appetizers and a couple of sandwich items. Everything we ordered was delicious, freshly made and hot. Zero complaints about the food or the price we paid.

My biggest issue with this restaurant was the pace and efficiency of the staff. Our server was as attentive as she could be but had way too many tables for one person. There were other staff that were assisting her but their pace was slow at best. When it came time for the check, that took a while but it appears there is no POS system so she had to manually tabulate the items using an old printing calculator.

As we went to pay at the counter, that was also a huge bottleneck. There was nobody there at first and then the credit card machine was the hold up.

With some attention to staff efficiency and procedures this could be a great establishment that I would regularly visit. As it stands, I probably won't return for a "sit down" meal. The food was great so I'd consider take out.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

New renovated restaurant with good pizza, great Greek Salad, excellent hamburger, and delicious eggplant Florentine over pasta. Would go back again!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Took 10 minutes before taking order...Waited 15 minutes for salad....
Waited another 15 for entree....NOT ENOUGH WAIT STAFF...I wouldn't go back...

Reviewed 11 April 2017

great food & service. very handy to the neighborhood & great value for the food. pizza is excellent & other items are terrific also.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Newly renovated. TRIED the pizza and a steak and cheese hogie. Pizza was very good one of my favorite in the area,the cheese steak was OK nothing special,.I heard that the stomboli is very good . never had it I am going to try it.