“Take out”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We always think we should eat-in at this restaurant since we love their food so much, but it's great to have a place that's open late in Doylestown for take-out and we've enjoyed it many times. I find that Indian food tends to be expensive, but Best Taste of Indian II gives good portion size and is always generous with their rice. I definitelly recommend.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I were looking for an Indian restaurant and were very happy when we found this one - it was worth the 40 minute drive from our home! We had the onion kulcha, which was divine. For entrees, we had lamb korma and chicken vindaloo, plus we split an order of dal fry (lentils and black beans). Everything was wonderful! We even ordered an extra order of the dal fry to take home for dinner the next night, along with part of my lamb korma, which was very filling. This was our first visit, but it will definitely NOT be our last. Amazing find!

1  Thank WeLove2Travel99
Reviewed 30 June 2012

As its my favorite food, seeing a new Indian restaurant in town is big news.

I'd rate this place as good but not necessarily great, mainly based the layout and lack of atmosphere. The food was of a good standard, and while I asked for my meal "hot" and it came "medium" it was still very enjoyable. Service was good, but there were not too many tables occupied, so it would be interesting to expereice it when its more full.

Overall recommended and worth a visit.

2  Thank BritintheUSA1
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was so happy to see that we had a new Indian restaurant in the area. I had a couple of bad experiences at the other one that closed. Fortunately, the food was really good here. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala, the assorted appetizers, and garlic nan. It was all delicious. The next time I'll order the Tikka Masala with a little more spice. I know the heat (spice) of Indian dishes are sometimes tricky so it's important to tell them what you like.
The waiter was kind and willing to answer all our questions very politely. The restaurant is in a small strip mall just north of Cross Keys. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Cara R
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My father and I went to Best Taste of India II for a late lunch while I was home for Thanksgiving break. My review is broken down into subsections for reading ease:

Ambiance: The interior of Best Taste of India II is clean, and nicely decorated. White linen table clothes are on the tables and linen napkins are used as well. The shape of the restaurant is a bit odd, with a very long narrow section and a bit of a wider section up front. Seating for groups of four or more could prove awkward since the tables are a bit smaller than normal. The kitchen is semi-exposed, but that was more than fine as we got to smell all of the wonderful spices and curries being used to cook.

Service: The service was average, not amazing and not terrible. Our waiter was attentive, timely, and helpful with the menu items. We were the only ones in the restaurant, so I'm unsure how the situation would have been with a crowd.

Food: My father and I have eaten Indian Cuisine all across the United States and internationally. The food served at Best Taste of India II was right up there with some of the best we've ever had!

I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala. It was fantastic. The chicken was all white meat and so tender it almost melted in my mouth. I asked for the sauce a bit on the spicy side, but I was still able to taste the tomato and cream base. I was surprised by how light and refreshing the dish was!

My father ordered the Chicken Korma, which he also said was excellent. The Mango Chutney was also above average as well. The portions may seem small at first, but they are more than filling. I could only eat half and had to take the rest home. Another plus is the size of the menu! There are extensive choices ranging from an assortment of curries and seafood dishes to all types of vegetarian options as well. I believe the restaurant also has a lunch buffet.

Price: Our entrees were about $16 each. A bit expensive for an Indian Restaurant, but the excellent food certainly justified the price and it is Doylestown, after all.

Overall, this was a fantastic dining experience and my family and I will definitely be returning!

3  Thank ShaneSimon