“Cooked with Love”
Review of Filet of Soul

Filet of Soul
Ranked #17 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Finally made it to this restaurant last night. What an amazing meal. There were so many options it was difficult to make a decision. We shared a sweet and tangy shrimp appetizer, which was delicious. My husband ordered the rib platter and I ordered chicken and waffles. Our sides were collard greens, Mac and cheese and fried plantains. Everything was cooked perfectly with fantastic tastes. We ordered a chicken curry for take out and had a small taste when we got home, another winner! This restaurant is a hidden gem, the owners truly care about their customers and the food they serve and giving back to the community. Another bonus, it's BYOB. We will definitely return!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Filet of Soul

Reviewed 28 July 2016

This is a great place to go when you just want Real food. The atmosphere is great alone or with children. This place has great music and also BYOB. The owners are hard working, as I could tell by the service.

1  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 26 July 2016

In retrospect, we're kicking ourselves for the number of times we've driven past this restaurant without giving it any notice. My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here last week and it was by far the best food we've had in the area since we moved here four years ago.

I ordered the fried chicken with red velvet waffles and a side of mac and cheese. The fried chicken was crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside and seasoned wonderfully. The waffles were some how crisp and soft at the same time. The mac and cheese was as good as my grandma's. My husband had the smothered pork chops with seasoned rice along with a side of mac and cheese and sweet potato fries. The gravy was flavorful, the pork was super tender, and the rice was delicious. Even the hush puppies and cornbread that came before the meals were delicious. Everything was cooked perfectly and we can't think of a single thing unsatisfactory with the food.

The ambiance is very sweet with the artwork on the walls and the bright blue paint. We also noticed that they have live jazz on Saturdays which sounds like a lot of fun. The service was also very kind and professional. One more thing to note that was a bit out of the box for us was that they were playing Christian music over the speakers - not a problem, just something you may want to know about prior!

I really wish they'd invest in a storefront sign because they deserve more business. These guys are doing it right. If you're looking for some tasty cuisine, definitely check out Filet Of Soul.

1  Thank jbloome521
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Great food. More of a take out place. Great cuisine. I work often in Maryland where they really get into Southern /Soul. This certainly compares to that. Staff is nice. Just a bit pricey... but nice. Take an empty stomach.

The sit down area is more cafeteria style... metal chairs and tables. But wonderful food.. a very nice change of pace in the area.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I can't believe I waited this long to try this restaurant. The food is INCREDIBLE and I have eaten in restaurants all over the world. Just go. Bring a nice bottle of wine and be prepared to enjoy. The service is slow but the food is worth waiting for. We had the fried chicken, baked beans, mac& cheese, and Jamaican rice. Excellent. Got to sample the red velvet waffle too - don't miss out. The husband said the ribs were good but my chicken was better. Pass on the potato salad and save your appetite for the items mentioned above.

The atmosphere is casual, clean and simple.

And importantly, the owner and chef are really nice people. We felt very welcome from the start and had nice conversations with both women.

Seriously, do not hesitate to check this place out. We are sure to become regulars!