All reviews shopping and restaurants scranton area the manager's reception texas roadhouse great hotel front desk staff would definitely stay here again breakfast room parking lot short drive free breakfast room was large cookies very pleasant stay sitting area two queen beds the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Not enough stars to review this hotel. This is our third time coming to PA and have stayed here each time. All of the staff are awesome. The cleaniness of the hotel was impeccable. The breakfast provided so many great options. It was not just a continental breakfast. Pearl, not enough wonderful words to describe her. Always has a smile on her face and is so friendly. She is such a wonderful asset to your location and to Holiday Inn as a company.

Room Tip: All the rooms were awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stopped over without any reservation on a rainy night and thankfully they had a room available. I found it to be a clean family friendly hotel. The room was good, liked the mattress. It was an unusually clean hotel. The free breakfast was good. Nice family friendly environment!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I stayed here with a few of my colleagues while we were working in the area. The staff was very accommodating to us. We needed an area to meet and the manager offered up a couple of areas. The manager's reception was well received. She was cordial and made it a point to chat with everyone there. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express in Dickson City, Pennsylvania was a pleasant surprise. Theroom was large and had all of the appropriate amenities-a refrigerator, Wi-fi access and modern, comfortable beds. Even our first floor room was quiet throughout the night. There was a business center and a fitness center. The breakfast was included in the price of the room. Although it was self-serve, it was the most comprehensive selection of breakfast foods I have ever seen at such a facility. They were scrambled eggs-but also vegetable egg white omelettes. Regular and decaf coffee were available, but also a large selection of teas with sweeteners which included honey. The toast included white bread and, among other choices, whole-wheat English muffins. There was yogurt and fresh fruit. The upscale nature of the breakfast food choices outclassed many hotels at which I have stayed and paid more. The room was more expensive than some in the area, but my wife and I felt we got our money’s worth.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This Holiday Inn Express is excellent. The room we had with two queen beds was very nice. The room had a microwave,coffee maker and a good size fridge. The TV was good and big. The WIFI was excellent and was easy to hook into since we are HIE awards members. The bathroom was very roomy and the shower was at the just right level. The only small complaint was that the bed while comfortable was a bit high. My wife had trouble getting in it. Someone who was badly handicapped may have even more trouble. The check in staff was very nice and helpful They even helped unlock the door later that evening as I had problems with the key card. It was my fault and not the hotels BTW. They have free breakfast from 6 am to 10 am. It was very good and fresh. They kept it up very well too as it was very busy and food was going fast. Also when we checked in they had a managers night special going with free snack food,pizza and free wine and beer available in the big room. That was very nice and unexpected. They have this at this location on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Also the cleaning staff was very nice. After our first night I just gave them our garbage and got some extra towels. They were very nice about my request. We have stayed at a few HIE and have never been disappointed. This one was very good also and if ever back in the Scranton area will stay here if possible.

Room Tip: We had room 321 which is on the backside of the hotel and was probably quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family