“Just What the Family Needed”
other travellers have booked this property
Updated Enclosed Porch
View from house
fishing
View from house
Sitting area outside cottage
Chiminea for late night fires
Breakfast with a view of the river
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TheVskyfa...
New York City, New York
“Just What the Family Needed”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My wife, son (10yr old) and I, spent 3 nights 4 days at this Cozy Cottage steps from the Delaware River. It was just what the Doctor ordered. A City Life Family Getaway! BBQ on the porch, camp fires right off the river, father and son canoeing and fishing (Canoes and Kayak were available at our leisure). Cottage was clean, cozy and had all the necessary amenities. The views of the water and mountains were beautiful. The town is in walking distance and locals are beyond friendly. My personal favorite day was when we stayed in due to rain. It was so majestic. Coffee and a book. cuddling with the fam. We all agree that there will be more time spent at the Cozy Cottage. Thank You Pat and Andy

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
1 May 2016
So happy that you had a relaxing time. I knew you would love it! I do and am so happy to share it with others.
Pat
A TripAdvisor Member
“Long weekend getaway ”
Reviewed 12 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My husband and I spent a fantastic long weekend here for our 3rd anniversary. Pat and her husband were great hosts, very helpful. We had two small issues, with the bed and the shower drain, but I have faith they will be fixed immediately. Nice town and nice people. We'd book again for sure!

Management Response
12 Oct 2015
Both issues have been taken care of. We appreciate your letting us know. Sometimes in the country these drains are slow but it has been addressed. Otherwise we are pleased that you enjoyed our Cozy Cottage.
Pat
Steve R
Audubon
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Very nice place to stay at. The owners were really awesome people and went way above and beyond. I will definitely rent again from them if it's available. I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the bank of the river by the fire. You couldn't ask for a Better set up. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the near by town across the bridge.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Monica R
Houston, United States
“Calm and Beautiful”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Our host could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Their cottage is small but relaxing and quiet. The river is beautiful and it was peaceful having coffee in the enclosed porch every morning. It isn't fancy if that is what you are after but it is clean and off the beaten path which is what we wanted. We had a small issue with a drain and the host had it corrected right away. I would add that the internet connectivity was great. I got 4G with my MIFI which is unusual for the area. I wasn't expecting good service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The enclosed porch
Liked least: The beds
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
maralat
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The amazing and beautiful sweet cottage”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This was the perfect stay for my husband and I. We wanted a place where we can get away from "everyday life" and go somewhere peaceful and relaxing. This cottage did just that. We got the beautiful view of the lake, the trees, the amazing sun-room in the cottage where we spent hours playing games, and that outdoor patio that was to die for. I loved having our date nights outside, and on Saturday we did a little fire in the chimnea. The weather was perfect for kayaking which is included in the price and my husband and I definitely bonded through that scenic experience. It was the perfect stay for our anniversary getaway weekend and we recommend it to anyone that goes!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing