“Below average food, bad service”
Review of Mirchi

Mirchi
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Mirchipa.com
Description: Mirchipa.com
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This restaurant got all the good ambiance and fancy looks and feel and that is it. Wait for your food, it's gonna be while before it arrives. It does not matter if you came first, it's up to them which order they serve. The food was pricey when compared to other Indian restaurants in Pittsburgh but the food was average, when compared to others. The food was not at all like you expect to eat at a restaurant. If you like Indian food....these are the two places to go: Udipi in Monroeville(downside: they don't serve non-vegetarian) and the second one is Tamarind. I am a big Indian food fan and I would say other restaurants besides these two disappointed me. Now it's up to you people to believe me or not!

2  Thank KapoorA

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We've been to quite a few (I think all) Indian restaurants in the Pittsburgh area and this one is now our favorite. Purchased a coupon on group on and figured we would try it out. We were a party of 7 and everyone ordered something different with different levels of spiciness. Everything came out delicious but mine was a little to spicy for my tastes. The waitress apologized and said that the cook makes his own spices on the grill and sometimes this happens. They would be happy to make me a new one. The new one cam out tasting the vest i have ever tasted Lamb Korma fast. Prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. They do have a buffet at lunch time and I can't wait to try it.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stopped overnight in Mars and chose Mirchi entirely at random. Long story short, it was an outstanding meal, although a bit on the heavy side.

We came for dinner, but saw that they also had a lunch buffet. We ordered standard Indian fare - chat, palak paneer, lamb vindaloo and a chicken curry. The chat was a little mushy, but otherwise tasty enough. The other dishes were just outstanding. Vindaloo was sour and spicy, not the tomato-heavy sauce you often get. Curry and palak also really really flavorful. We are used to more South Indian food, so to us, it was a very rich meal, but certainly authentic northern taste. Service also very friendly and quick.