“Disappointed”

Add it.
Sciota Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Corry
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We always visited Sciota once a month when Gary was there. We drove in from Harborcreek for his amazing chicken & coleslaw. Upon recently hearing of the reopening, we were excited to get our chicken & coleslaw fix. I'm not sure exactly how Gary cooked the chicken, it was broasted or pressure cooked, but it was truly the best. We visited this evening and were extremely disappointed! Everything was soaking in grease. I can't handle grease at all & ate one piece & got sick, the grease doesn't sit well with me at all. We are all disappointed & wont ever go back. They need to do things Gary's way, even the coleslaw was not good, Gary's was the best! Essentially, I could have threw some banquet chicken into a vat of grease & fed it to my family. Want the old Sciota back!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2016

This is 1/2 mile from our Cabin just outside town of Corry PA and on the Snowmobile trails maintained by local the snowmobile club and hosts the Vintage Snowmobile trail ride- Do not ask for anything but "CHICKEN" by the Bucket- huge wings or dinner platters but they only serve "CHICKEN" and it's worth the wait- huge hand-cut french fries and some side fixens but only "CHICKEN" here. LOL why change when it works- Gary and Staff are always there to take care of this great local spot!! I have gone since a young kid with my Dad and family- It's worth a stop- eat in or take out!

1  Thank Billy M
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Cant get enough of their chicken! Come in town at least once a month may be 2 and cant leave until I get to indulge. Great food , very nice waitress too (new one, Beth)

Reviewed 8 June 2015

The menu is simple, and the chicken is super. Sometimes it can take quite awhile to get your food, as the broaster only holds a limited amount. The big problem is the waitress named Darlene, who is there almost every evening. She is rude, and has the personality of a doorknob. It's hard to get her to come back after she drops off your food. She will never ask you how your meal was, and God forbid you need another drink. She will be parked behind the bar in a chair, avoiding eye contact. Why the owner doesn't realize she is costing him money is beyond me!

4  Thank Bob A
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great chicken and very friendly place, excellent................................................................................

Been to Sciota Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK