“Great New Year's Eve Dinner”

TONY'S MINING COMPANY RESTAURANT
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We were 7 couples at New Year's Eve dinner. When we made the reservations we were told we might need to be broken into 2 group. We were happily surprised when we arrived and we had a large table for all of us. Lots of other large groups but we got great service from our 2 servers. They were even able to do separate checks.
It was a special menu but all the meals were good.
Their salad was very interesting and good. I had the filet with a large portabello mushroom. It was cooked exactly as ordered. The mashed potatoes were nothing special, but I really enjoyed the meal.

Going to try this again for their normal menu. It was about a half hour drive but worth it.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

took my office staff to dinner on Thursday. Food was excellent and presented very well. The bruschetta was outstanding with the pieces of blue cheese. Several had filets and two had the Med. chicken, three had an amazing seafood combo with wonder shrimp, crab cake and the best salmon I ever ate. Very mild tasting salmon.
The desserts were also delicious
Food was so good, I'm going back on Saturday to celebrate a birthday.
Strongly recommend.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We went here fairly late on an off night with friends and were one of two tables occupied in the entire restaurant. Our service was excellent, and three of the four of us were delighted with our meals. The chef was very accommodating to personal preferences, as some of us wanted substitutions, additions, and deletions. I had delicious salmon which I would order again, but my husband was not particularly pleased with his weiner schnitzel because he did not care for the gravy on it, and the veal was tough. The other couple was very happy with their seafood dishes. All of us brought food home because the portions were large.
This is a fairly upscale restaurant which has been in the area for a long time. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable -- candlelight at the tables, nice linens -- all those touches that go with a good restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I have eaten here several times. Service is usually good, but sometimes a little relaxed. Not the place if you are in a hurry. Food is good, usually large helpings. Nothing extravagant,
Interior is dark, usually not crowded or busy so you can have a quiet conversation. No music blaring.
Drinks are not stingily poored.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

The idea behind the décor of this restaurant, according to our hostess, was to take the dark entrance to a mine and make a quality restaurant. What exists is a dark interior with the smell of mildew low quality diner food with high prices. I had weinerschnitzel that wasn't crisp and was covered, like jaegerschnitzel, with a brown gravy that in this case, however, came from a can. This was not German weinerschnitzel. It wasn't even good Diner food. I am guessing the actual miners ate better. My wife ordered rare lamb chops that came well done covered with the same canned brown gravy.
The one positive was the wait staff which was prompt, courteous, and eager to please. Don't go to Tony's unless you like overpaying for weak diner food surrounded with the smell of mildew.

3  Thank 5,27,25,272