“Wonderful evening”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We recently tried Tony's for the first time. The restaurant was jam packed when we arrived. (Which we took as a good sign.) As busy as the restaurant was, we never felt ignored and the food was pretty yummy! Will definitely be back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We ate there 4 years ago with friends. I was not impressed. I thought it was overpriced for essentially glorified diner food in a tired atmosphere. That must have been a good night. Well, we gave it another shot. I wish I had followed my gut instinct.

Our server was not what you would expect from a $50 / head restaurant. It's common for a waitress to stand and wait 5 seconds for a break in the conversation to initiate conversation. Not ours. Just talk right over top of our guest. 20 minute gaps without stopping by? I usually tip 20%, she got 10%. I regret being too generous, but the lackluster food was not her fault.

I ordered Wienerschnitzel. It was thick and chewy (obviously not pounded). I suspect that it came from the freezer and was dropped in the fryer. Instant mashed potatoes? I think our high school cafeteria could do this well. Dessert was right out of the box from Sysco. We were told that there was one dessert available form Valentine's Day (4 nights prior). Yes, can I please purchase an $8 dessert that is 4+ days old... wow, that'll surely impress your date.

Tony's Mining Co. is nowhere near Niko's or Trattoria Fratelli in food, service and atmosphere. Although their prices are already there. I really can't think of a worse overall value in the area. There are plenty of worse places to eat, but they have the decency to keep their dinners under $20.

2  Thank Lepnunner
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Overcooked , over salted dried out salmon and tuna. inedible mushy chocolate desert. Never again

3  Thank TravellerPhillladeli
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Tony’s Mining Company

We’ve been going to Tony’s for about six months, and it’s become our favorite restaurant. The first thing we noticed was that Tony’s has a nice ambiance without being pretentious. The seating is comfortable, not bunched, and the dining room is decorated with memorabilia from the area’s iron mining history. There’s a two-sided fireplace between the two dining areas.

The meals have been first class, and big enough that you might be taking some home. We start off with the complimentary cheddar and crackers. After our server tells us about tonight’s specials, we usually relax with a nice sized glass of wine. The salads are big enough to be a lunch on their own, and include a half dozen different items. The main courses are prepared to order, are sized to fill a big plate, and are really high quality. Substitutions or special instructions aren’t a problem. A loaf of warm bread is included. During the meal, Jean, the owner, circulates and wants to be sure everything’s to your liking.

The service is friendly, professional and efficient, but you’re never rushed. The average entrée is in the $25 - $30 range. Tony’s costs a bit more than most others in the area, but we get what we pay for. We think a relaxing, quality dinner is worth the premium.

1  Thank EakinsLebanon_PA
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My husband and I first went to Tony's 2008. Each time we go, the food is wonderful, the servers are friendly and attentive. It is a great place to enjoy a meal without the screaming of children. To sit and take your time to enjoy a meal, each other's company without the feeling of being hurried by the wait staff. The ambiance is very romantic with coppertop tables, white lights and fireplace. Yes, the outside is not what you would expect but very appropriate, mining company starts with a mining shaft. Enjoy your meal and just relax.

1  Thank JustMuggsLititz