“A full parking lot when neighboring pizzerias were empty”

Collegeville Italian Bakery
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 22 February 2018

It's clear from the parking lot that this is a popular place. We arrived for a late lunch at about 2:30 and it was difficult to park. The wood-burning pizza was excellent, but a little skimpy for the two of us, so we split a South Philly Hot Roast Pork Sandwich. That was superb--the pork was roasted, as the menus said, with all the right herbs and spices. Added were provolone cheese and broccoli rabe.
You give the order at the counter, and the servers bring the food to your table when ready. All the staff were super-friendly and helpful. We appreciated this especially because my spouse walks with a walker.
One room of the restaurant was devoted mainly to the bakery and the sale of various Italian provisions, from pasta to chestnut jam. We took home a delicious loaf of semolina bread and some yummy Italian cookies. It was well worth the 15 mile trip from Philadelphia.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I Loved the Homemade " Tomato Pie " > you can purchase whole, 1/2 or 1/4 of the pie . I purchase 1/2 of pie for $8.00 . I also eat in at their very " CLEAN " restaurant , you can order & obtain a # ... and they bring your meal to your table . I had an excellent " Hot Roast Pork sandwich with long hot peppers on freshly baked Bread/Roll ..... I personally Recommend this Italian Bakery Restaurant !!!!!! Next week I'm going to try their " Italian Hoagie " which looked " Great " & get another 1/2 of " Tomato Pie " ...... 5 Star Rating !!!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This place is super hyped up on Instagram so, of course, I thought it would be amazing...It's not terrible, but certainly not what I was expecting. We had lunch there...pizza. It was good, but not amazing. The guys that waiting on us were very nice. However, the rest of the restaurant is very cold. It's just not inviting.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Small family owned and run bakery and restaurant with friendly staff. Very good selection of pizzas and sandwiches. BYO

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Visited with a bunch of guys from nearby development. Shortly after being seated, orders were taken. I had read their menu online and was aware they features a kielbasa (from Czerw's) sandwich so I knew what I wanted. After most of the others were served and halfway through their lunches, I was told they had no kielbasa and asked if I would want something else. Knowing that, by the time I decided and my lunch was delivered everyone else would be finished, I said no.

Many of the others seemed to enjoy their lunch, but there is absolutely no excuse to make someone wait more than 20 minutes to inform them that they would have to order something else because they had run out of a their selection. They had a big crowd so I guess it didn't pay for them to worry about a single customer. There are too many other good Italian restaurants in the area to give them another shot.