“Good food, overpriced”

Get food delivered
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Catawissa
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 21
Reviewed 28 May 2021

Had the chicken and brisket pile-ups. Food was very tasty, but very small portion of meat, under beans and cole slaw in a paper tray. Strange way to serve. Sandwich portion for the price of a dinner. Very nice facility.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 30 May 2020

I was rolling down I80 and had a craving for bbq [nothing new].  A short internet search turned up this place.  We had both pork and chicken sandwich.  Both very good.  Could have had a bit more charred ends in th pork.  Unfortunately - as is probably often the case - they were sold-out on ribs and brisket.  Next time.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2018

From the moment we dove into that Pile-Up of Big Dans, we were SOLD! People loved our wedding, but they mostly mentioned how much they loved the food! There was little left of what Dan brought and we could not be more proud. Believe me, Dan brought enough food, but our guests couldn’t stop! They devoured his food and shamelessly went back for thirds and fourths (as did I, the bride). We had one guest say that the BBQ they had on their recent trip to Tennessee was put to shame when they tried Big Dans, it just did not compare. Oh, and the cornbread is probably the best I've ever had. Anytime we are in the area, we will definitely make a stop to get more!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2018

It was nice doing business with Dan. Really nice guy and family and easy to work with. I had Dan cater a family reunion and he did an excellent job. Everything was tasty. He did forget something I ordered but it all worked out.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great BBQ meals, I have never been dissapointed and you can't believe the corn bread!!! While you are there, don't forget to stop in at the farm market and take home some fresh vegetables or fruit.

Date of visit: June 2017