All reviews breakfast staff pet friendly hotel pa turnpike room was clean fresh fruit complimentary breakfast i highly recommend this hotel breakfast area staff was friendly first floor cookies front desk staff easy access convenient location would stay here again road trip great place to stay
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I really wish I could give this hotel a good review ONLY because the lady at the front desk was so understanding and helpful. We felt very lucky to get the last room at 11:30 PM - until we saw it. The room was brown with a low ceiling, smelled like a hamster cage, was 75 degrees, did not have windows that open, and had a pathetic wall unit air conditioner that was barely working. Staying in there was unthinkable, so we un-parked, put all our luggage back in the car, and drove another half hour to a beautiful hotel that the wonderful woman at the front desk found for us.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi BookMD,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our team in an effort to improve.
We wish you and yours safe travels and a colorful fall season.

At Your Service,
Wayne Ambrose

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I always try to stay at a Hampton inn because they are all the same and pretty consistent in quality and cleanliness. This hotel is not quite up to the Hampton standard. It is a bit overpriced for the area and the first room we entered smelled like wet dog. We were quickly moved to another room that was better. Staff was nice and breakfast was ok.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I want to shout out the Carlisle team and entire HHM family. Your hospitality was greatly accepted. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of my pre arrival gifts and handwritten note in my room. I hope to see you guys again soon!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We consistently stay at and generally enjoy Hampton Inns. This was an exceptional Hampton Inn, but not in a good way. Hamptons are generally fresh and clean and fairly priced. Hampton Carlisle PA was tired and overpriced.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is an exact half way point be5ween Boston and Blowing Rock, NC. Very well run dog friendly hotel. Friendly staff and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Highly recommend. The front desk placed us in a dog friendly room that was immaculate. It was on the first floor, which I prefer and at the end of the hall near the exit for easy access to a spacious grassy area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple