All reviews parking garage downtown carlisle dickinson college whiskey rebellion within walking distance hotel restaurant front desk gingerbread man historic area room was clean housekeeping staff exercise room waffles fitness center complimentary breakfast definitely stay here again the breakfast area
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel few times but nothing but excellent customer service. I was lucky to have Maura as my waitress. She was awesome..... I hope your dad enjoyed the 7-20-4 cigar. Looking forward to eating dinner there tonight

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Marty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at our 1794 Whiskey Rebellion restaurant. We are so glad to hear that our guests enjoy our on-site restaurant. The food is delicious and the staff is wonderful. We do hope that you continue to enjoy your stay with us and dining in the restaurant!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

My husband and I and our little dog stayed in a King Suite at the Comfort Suites Downtown Carlisle on Sept. 22 and 23. And we were delighted! The Suite was beautiful and well-appointed, not the usual type of room you get when you bring your pet. . And the location is in the middle of the Historic Area, ideal for strolling.
And FYI, the “hot breakfast” was NOT the typical breads, waffles and cereal. This establishment offers, in addition to the aforementioned, cheese omelets (delicious, not the usual rubbery fare), sausage patties that were perfectly cooked and not greasy, and little pastries. Everything tasted fresh and the breakfast staff actually hovered by the door to make sure that everyone got what they wanted.
Especially friendly and competent were the Housekeeping Staff and the Front Desk personnel.
And since we dined on the outdoor patio of the hotel’s 1794 Whiskey Rebellion restaurant (how cool is that?), a major Shout Out goes to Chandra, the expert mixologist who provided the perfect martinis, complete with the best blue cheese-stuffed olives I’ve tasted. And to James Todd, the restaurant manager, who visits all the tables to make sure all is as super as you thought it would be. And to Katie Campbell , whose impeccable service made the evening an event.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank linniefr
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Our staff is excellent with taking care of our guests, so I will be sure to share your kind words with them. We hope that you and your husband and dog will stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

When traveling alone I look for clean, safe hotels. This one certainly fits the bill. Spacious rooms, great beds and at least on my visit, quite hallways. Nice adjoining restaurant with outdoor seating. Interesting menu with deviled goose eggs and other items not normally found. Crab cake was tasty. Wait staff was friendly as was front desk staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Cheryl.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and your dining experience in our restaurant. The 1794 Whiskey Rebellion takes pride in serving items you wouldn't find on an ordinary restaurant menu (maybe that's why they are currently rated the #1 restaurant in Carlisle). Hopefully if you find yourself in the Carlisle area in the future, we will see you again!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I booked a meeting room for 2 days last week at the Comfort Suites, as my Company was hosting a Job Fair in Carlisle. Meredith McNutt (Area Director Of Sales) and Wendy Douglas (Banquet/Catering Staff Member) provided exceptional service, and treated us as if we were "VIP's" the whole time.

I very much recommend this venue for meetings; job fairs; etc....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Randy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience holding a job fair here at the Comfort Suites Carlisle. We are so pleased to hear that everything went smoothly for you and your guests. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Meredith and Wendy. We hope that you will choose us in the future if you ever need meeting space or a room in Carlisle again!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Very good location, and spacious room. Bathroom and suite clean and updated. Food for breakfast was good, but not handicap friendly. However because of location, first floor room had a lot of noise from street traffic. On a Saturday night - an alarm went off at three am in the morning.. We thought it was a fire alarm, but it stopped after a minute or two.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor due to street traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We always like hearing feedback from our guests so that we can approve for the future. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our other managers so they are aware of what our guests are saying. We hope that if you ever find yourself in the Carlisle area again that you will choose to stay with us.