“Best Hotel In The Area”

wny
“Best Hotel In The Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I spent 2 hours looking for a good hotel in Butler. All of the hotels on my GPS
turned out to be in very bad shape and in questionable areas of the city. Comfort Inn is located on top of a hill on the outskirts of Butler in a quiet area on route 8. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nhs52
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Gainesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Didn’t realize until few weeks prior to stay that had booked a smoking room. Wasn’t able to change it, but didn't matter much since the whole hotel - lobby, elevators, and hallways - reeked of smoke. The room not only smelled of smoke but also had some type of fowl odor almost like urine. The sheets, pillows, curtains, etc smelled of smoke. The walls are so thin that we could hear the TV in the room next door to us. Can barely get into bathroom and close the door since it’s so small. Beware of the air conditioner. My wife tried to turn it down and instead accidently turned on the heat which set off the fire alarm. After that the room smelled like burnt rat tail. The complimentary breakfast was fair, but the eggs were lacking. The eating area is very small and fills up quickly. Would never stay in this hotel again and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Marianne M
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights for an event in town. The staff was very friendly. We had our two small dogs with us. There are a lot of nice grassy areas to walk pets. Amenities aren't brand new, but the rooms are clean. Pillows were a bit small and uncomfortable. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. They opened the doors for us, offered to vacuum our room for us while we had the dogs out for a walk, and suggested the best pizza delivery in town and got us a menu and phone number. Breakfast was nice (waffles, sausage, eggs, bagles and toast, cereals and oatmeal) but the breakfast area was very crowded. We had to take ours back to the room since there were not enough tables for us to sit down. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We chose Comfort Inn in Butler because of its vicinity to where we wanted to visit and also because the person at hotels.com highly recommended it. Due to a booking mistake on part of hotels.com, despite my strong insistence on reserving a non-smoking room, we were assigned a smoking room. Though the hotel staff was polite and helpful and changed us to a non-smoking room immediately, it didn't matter much since the whole hotel feels like it is a smoking zone. Each floor has smoking and non-smoking regions, which made it difficult to breathe in the hallways, elevators and extremely uncomfortable in our room too. Every single sheet, curtain, pillow etc smelled of smoke. So, if you are particular or sensitive to smoke, I will not recommend this place to you. The rooms themselves are barely worth the money, even if you discount the smoke. It feels like a place put together cheaply, the bathroom is really small, the whole environment is somehow not very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was decent, but with all the smoke, we were in a hurry to leave as soon as possible. It was bad enough that we checked out next morning and found another hotel in the vicinity. Since we were not satisfied with the service, hotels.com fortunately refunded our money. We are never going back there, and I would not recommend this place to anyone. Simply not worth the trouble.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PolarPenguin
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

I returned to my room in the late afternoon to find my bed unmade. At first I thought that they had forgotten to clean the room, but then I saw a form left on the bed with a box checked that said "Items were on the bed, or around the bed area. The bed was not made." I had left my pajamas on the bedspread at the foot of the bed, therefore they did not make it! I have stayed in many, many hotels, from 5-star to real dumps, but I have never stayed in a hotel that refused to make the bed if you left your pajamas on it! Strange...

I called the front desk to complain, but the receptionist was very apathetic. His response (instead of apologizing) was to say that he didn't know how many things I had left on the bed, even though I had told him exactly what was on the bed. I told him to have the manager call me. He or she never did.

Other than that, the hotel is okay, but nothing special. Okay indoor pool. Terrible soundproofing between rooms. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank d_kester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
6.5 km away
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
20.1 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK