All reviews petting zoo mini golf outdoor pool hot tub amish country farmers market tennis courts free hour hour tour front lawn renovated room ice cream shop great for families smucker family fire pit great place to stay free tour
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My family traveled to Lancaster in November. We reserved three rooms at the Inn. We had three rooms in a row. These rooms were very dated yet kept up. We loved the atmosphere. We checked in later at night and the woman at front desk was not too friendly. The location was perfect for our needs. We parked outside our room and it was safe. We would return to this property.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure to give this 2 or 3 stars. First I walked into a side door that was an office but nobody was working. I found may way to the front but the staff seemed frustrated I was in an office space even though there are no signs. Some rooms have key cards and some have keys. The physical keys we were given first did not work in our door. When I told the woman at the desk she acknowledged sometimes the new keys don't work well and gave us some original, uncopied keys that did work. This only frustrated me because it was ten degrees outside so it would have been nice to have the keys that work well the first time. The rooms are fine, but there were small things in our room (room 140) which led me to believe the top quilt may not be too clean. The bathroom door was rotting on the bathroom side in one of the corners. There was an accumulation of dust outside the bathroom next to a little half wall. The half wall also had plenty of residue from some sort of liquid.

I would not stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Reingding13,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize you had trouble finding our lobby. The area you had walked into was our Group Sales offices, but I am glad you were able to eventually find our check-in staff.

I apologize that the first keys you received did not work properly. All the physical keys for our original motel building are copies. We do not give original keys to guests for security purposes. I am glad the second set of keys worked well.

The issues you had in room 140 will be addressed. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams work hard and will make sure to take care of these items.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We enjoyed a delicious late breakfast, even though there was a huge and very tasty looking luncheon buffet for a large bus load of travelers who arrived right after we were seated. The waitress was very friendly.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Room was warm, clean, and cozy. The staff were very friendly and accomadating. Our family will stay at this hotel again when in the area. Room had a coffee maker and there was ample parking directly in front of the room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Galewind1
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Our large group descended upon this inn for a whirlwind 18 hours. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. We had to drive around back to get from reception to our rooms. We took up most of one floor.

Floor numbering threw us off since rooms starting with a 2 weren't on the second floor. My recollection was that the floors were called G, 2 and 3 on the elevator buttons. We were all able to gather in a large conference room conveniently located on our floor.

The attached photos are of a suite room which had a nice balcony with table and chairs.

The facility had gathering area and a large indoor pool which we unfortunately didn't get to use. We did attend the show at the theater next door. The title of the show was 'Our Christmas Dinner' and was a musical with a talented cast. We enjoyed a huge buffet breakfast at the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant where the servers were beyond friendly. A family-style restaurant called Good-N-Plenty is also right next door. See separate review.

Our group took advantage of the inn's complimentary bus tour of the Amish Farmlands. Our guide, Verna, was fabulous!! She shared so much about how the Amish live and answered all our questions. We stopped at two shops located on farms and bought many wonderful, locally made items.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends