“thought it would be better”
Review of Aneu Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aneu Bistro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2012

What to say...with the great building it's in along with the decor & atmosphere I was expecting that the food would be upscale & great; instead it was average & un-inspired. Not bad by any means, but not as good as it sounded, looked or as I thought it would be. Yet, with some tweaks to the menu & a bit of creativity thrown towards classic bistro fare this place could be great.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner at Aneu on the eve of May 25th. Meredith, the event planner and a caterer as well, communicated with me via email, and since I couldn't visit in person, we negotiated online. I had good recommendations from the bride's parents. Meredith provided a nice menu. We were supposed to offer beer and wine, but orders were taken much as an open bar. Our group didn't take advantage of that, and we were fine with that little oversight. The steak frite was unpredictable; no one asked about how well done the guest preferred the steak, and several were really a little underpar, quality-wise. I blame myself for not sampling, etc. The rest was wonderful, and the Chicken Piccatta got rave reviews as did the dessert choices. I really feel that we got our money's worth, and that this little place is a gem. Try it...it will or will not be for you, but I believe you'll enjoy Aneu.