“Excellent BBQ tucked away in Bensalem”

Smoke'n Dudes BBQ Co
Ranked #60 of 167 Restaurants in Bensalem
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Restaurant critics, neighborhood regulars, and first time visitors always agree about Smoke'n Dudes BBQ Company: the atmosphere is great, the food is superb, and the service is outstanding.
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We stumbled upon this place by accident and we're glad we did. Smoke'n Dudes is in a small log cabin setting. The restaurant only seats 20 people. We're guessing most of their business is take out, delivery, and catering. We were seated immediately on a Sunday afternoon. The server was friendly and attentive.
I had the pulled chicken sandwich with cole slaw. My wife had the sliced brisket sandwich with fries. I think the term "melts in your mouth" is overused but there's no other way to describe this chicken. It was as tender as chicken could possibly be. The sauce was very tasty. It didn't have that strong smoky flavor which I don't care for. It was just enough. And the bread was buttery and soft but held together nicely. My wife's brisket was also tender and tasty. The fries are lightly BBQ seasoned and very good. The only miss, I'd say, was the cole slaw. It was pretty bland. Not bad, just lacking flavor to compete with the rest of the meal.
Definitely a place we would return to.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I always get either Take Out or 90% of the time Delivery. Their Ribs are "to die for" (so tender and sweet); Cheeseburgers great also. They have combo's with BBQ Chicken & Ribs with choice of 3 BBQ sauces. They aren't skimpy with the condiments, either (like other places). They will customize or do a la carte too because I must have a salad with anything I eat. Their sides are great, baked beans (my hubby's favorite); sweet potato fries and potato salad (my favorite). They offer breaded wings in addition to Hot Wings cooked right because the pizza places sure can't make wings right. For Dessert, try the #1 Place Pennsylvania State Championship Award Winning "Rum Raisin Bread Pudding" -- maybe you should get two, because it is sooooo good !
I get Delivery so often they know me by name . . .Lol

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

I wanted something different for dinner so I chose BBQ. I ordered brisket with sweet potato fries and cole slaw. My brisket tasted more like pot roast I make myself and was very fatty. Sweet potato fries were good and cole slaw was ok. The server was not very professional either. I will not be returning.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Found this small little place when looking for bbq on yelp.
- food: we started with an order of onion rings. They came out steaming hot and were very good. They offered a side of ranch, but we opted to using some of the sauces on the table. For entrees- the ribs were phenomenal, and that comes for someone who is a rib lover. I had the beef brisket, chopped. It was also delicious. As for the sides. The beans tasted like they were from a can, the cole slaw was good, but not great. The corn bread was very good.
- service - the young man who greeted us was super nice. The service over all was very good and they were attentive.
Overall, very good experience and we will be back.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

All HOMEMADE BBQ as it shows! They rock the neighborhood here in Bensalem. Well known for a quality products for a decent price. We love Smokin' Dudes, no liquor license! Take out is always good as well! Just YUMMY stuff!
Often winners of BBQ contests in several areas! Just fun family folk with a killer menu!

Date of visit: March 2015