All reviews salad bar ocean view hotel restaurant oregon coast sunday brunch is great view jacuzzi suite fitness room electric fireplace sliding door waves crashing fridge and microwave third floor indoor pool comfy chairs on the rocks nice room
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Although the rooms are a little "knotty pine" dated; they are clean, quiet & comfortable and they afford some of the best views you will find on the Oregon Coast.

This was our fourth stay here - we always come in December / off season. You can sit in the warm comfort of your room and watch the ocean crash on rocks just a short distance away -- or you can venture out for a walk along a gorgeous beach trail.

Every time we have visited we have been treated like true guests - all staff we encountered was pleasant and we felt they welcomed us and were truly glad we were there.

After a cool walk on the beach trail, it's nice to peel off the drenched clothes and hit the heated pool... then just relax until dinnertime. You don't even have to worry about going back out into the wind & weather because the hotel has an enclosed walkway from the rooms that leads to the restaurant, gift shop, pool, and lounge -- without a drop of rain or a gust of wind!

We will definitely be back next December!

Room Tip: we like the ground floor because we like to take walks in between rain squalls.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

We had a vacation rental house reserved in Yachats for the week before New Years. When we arrived first with five more family members on the way we discovered the rental was a disaster at 4:00 PM in the afternoon. The kitchen in particular was nasty from the stove to the cook ware to the small appliances. Nasty.

To the rescue! The Adobe Resort, and especially Debra on the front desk, saved the day. They had a spacious and CLEAN family sized room (390) with two double queen bed bedrooms and two baths AND an adjoining room that fit the bill to a tee. The full kitchen was stocked with the basic utensils, stove, microwave, dishwasher and full sized refrigerator. We were so grateful and lucky.

The restaurant in the resort had an ample and diverse menu with a very nice salad bar. The prices were very good as well. Give this place a try.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JABledsoe
Reviewed 27 December 2015

We decided to have Christmas at a resort instead of at a family member's home. The Adobe has pet friendly rooms with no carpet and fenced in decks that have a view of the ocean. Also, it has a nice restaurant and bar with amazing views of the ocean, surf pounding on basalt formations just yards from the windows. The service was great! They provide pet towels each day. Rooms are cleaned when the dogs are out. The food was very good with excellent service in both the bar and the restaurant. The Christmas dinner buffet was well priced with an array of inventive and well cooked foods. Our family, some with pets and some w/o, vow to do Christmas at the Adobe again next year.

Room Tip: First floor pet rooms are our preference. W/o pets, south side, first floor have private decks.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cap09
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Checking with the registration desk I found out I have been visiting this resort since 2005.

This visit the great guest service started when I called to make reservations. I wanted a specific room or I would have booked online. Tammy answered all my questions, provided the specific room I wanted and had great telephone guest service. Phone calls to a business are my first impression and once again I was not disappointed.

My visit started Christmas Eve Day. That morning I called from my home two hours away to ask if it would be possible to register in early. I was told no one had rented the room the prior night and I could register in at any time. A cheery see you soon and I was off to the ADOBE.

Arriving I was greeted by Steve who was friendly in a genuine way. Registration went smooth, fast and pleasant.

It always impresses me when the entire staff including house keepers make eye contact and say good morning which was the case at ADOBE. The housekeeper on the 3rd floor smile and greeted me as I was passing by.

Entering the room I found it spotless. I travel a lot and pay a lot of attention to detail. The holiday gift plate of goodies was a nice touch. A larger than usual amount of in room coffee and the thick towels are something I appreciate. Registration desk has coffee 24/7. Electric fireplace in the room is wonderful!

I especially enjoy going to the lounge to enjoy sunsets at dusk. My favorite brew Black Butte Porter was on tap! The lounge staff were cheerful and working their you know whats off. You are asked to order at the bar and carry your drinks upstairs. No problem at all. My friend had a Beef Eater Martini that he said was great. The sunset from the lounge was amazing.

A wonderful trail in front of the ADOBE makes for some good "Hallmark" moment picture taking. The trail is extensive and nice. Be prepared for a lot of dog walkers.

I did not eat at the ADOBE but chatting with guests in the elevator was told the food is excellent.

Everyone I chatted with were repeat visitors and made it an annual tradition to spend the holiday at the ADOBE.

If the success of your visit depends on Wi-Fi do ask the staff for a room with the strongest wi-fi. I had difficulty with the Wi-Fi. I could get on but it was not dependable if I had been using it for work.

Checking out went smooth and staff were attentive to me.

Will I go back....you bet!

Room Tip: I have a favorite but hesitate to mention it as I am sure it is already one of the most favorite. Pet friendly rooms available.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I found this online and it looked far nicer than it was. I guess it's called a resort because it has a nice restaurant and an indoor pool / workout room. While it's located on a breathtaking part of the coast and the walk along the beach is otherwordly, this place is worn and tired on the inside - mostly the hallways which are very motel like. The rooms are fine - and spacious and really decent - I think it's just the other parts of the hotel that seem dated. Only rooms on the ground floor have access to the outside beach - no balconies on the 2nd floor rooms, so get a ground floor room so you can step out onto the patio and walk right onto the beach. The restaurant here has an amazing view and is very romantic feel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms offer a patio that opens right onto the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family