“Great Tapas!”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 17
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sandbar is located on the beach in Sandy Ground, one of the most charming fishing villages in the Caribbean and the "sea and sand" theme of the bar envelopes you as you enter. Lots of natural light, unobstructed views of Road Bay with its myriad boats at anchor - coupled with an abundance of trade breezes make this a cool and comfortable spot to enjoy drinks, & dinner. Dining and seating is available inside and also outside on a terrace perfect for watching the day & sun go down. Serving tasty tapas & cool cocktails Monday to Saturday.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We ate here twice on our trip because their prices were very reasonable and the portions perfect for sharing. They also sell pretty hand painted glass bottles of banana rum that they make which is amazing. Our favorite things were the Tuna poki, the Arugula salad, the Mahi fish bites, the Mango Crisp, the Sandbar fries and the Zucchini Carpaccio. Two items I didn't care for were the bbq ribs and the wings. Their house drink the Sandbar is wonderful. The parking lot behind the restaurant was a little creepy at night when it was dark. They could use a few more lights in the area behind all the restaurants.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

They were BUSY! 2 huge parties of 10+ but we had a reservation and we didn't experience any long waits or impact to the food. We had a table on the beach, a good bottle of wine and delicious food. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had added to the menu since our last visit. We ordered Zucchini Carpaccio (who knew?), Fish bites (always a favorite), Sandbar fries and garlic lime prawns. Split between 2 people, a perfect amount of food, but there was still a little matter of desert! Desert special was Mango crisp - Oh MY!! - and chocolate cake. So good! Perfect finish to a awesome evening. We spent $123 (US) with tip.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The only negative was the heat, otherwise this tapas restaurant was very good. Located behind a house, once you walk around you find this cute restaurant on the water. The service and food are both excellent, with a bit of kick. The owners are SF transplants and extremely friendly.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I tried SandBar for dinner for the first time during a recent visit to Anguilla; I wish we had tried it on our previous trip, because we really liked it.

SandBar is located on the Road Bay beach in Sandy Ground, and features a tapas menu. The decor is attractive but not fancy, similar to the other nearby restaurants. The menu isn't huge, but it offers an interesting variety of plates for sharing.

We started with some cocktails, Jalapeno Pineapple Mojitos, which were both spicy and very tasty; after we finished those my wife had a glass of chardonnay and I had prosecco. For dinner, my wife had Tuna Poki, I had Pulled Pork Sliders, and we shared Mahi Mahi Fra Diavolo and Spicy Pork Tenderloin. My wife said the tuna was very good, and we both thought the mahi mahi was very tasty (and a very generous portion); the pork tenderloin was good, but not as good as the other food. We both loved the pulled pork, which was probably my favorite food item from the entire 2-week trip (and we ate at many top-notch restaurants).

We didn't have room for dessert. Our server Lavie provided excellent service, and we had a chance to chat with the chef, which we enjoyed. Prices were very reasonable, even by US standards.

SandBar is a new addition to our short list of Anguilla restaurants, and we really enjoyed our meal there. We'll definitely be back the next time we visit the island!

Note: Although SandBar has a web site (the one in the TripAdvisor restaurant details), it doesn't work for me (the page never loads). They also have a Facebook page -- search for @SandBarAnguilla on Facebook to find it.

2  Thank DeeEss
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We love tapas and the SanBar's offerings are the best!This was our third visit and as usual always delicious.
The poke-oh the poke!Mouthwatering with the perfect seasoning. I've tried (without success) to replicate it at home. Not possible. The fish bites were lightly battered and very tasty. The flank steak (a new try for us) was tender and juicy,topped with a chimmicuri sauce that was a perfect match.
Beautiful setting , warm and welcoming staff and owners.

1  Thank sunnym92