“Good Tapas”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 17
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sandbar is located on the beach in Sandy Ground, one of the most charming fishing villages in the Caribbean and the "sea and sand" theme of the bar envelopes you as you enter. Lots of natural light, unobstructed views of Road Bay with its myriad boats at anchor - coupled with an abundance of trade breezes make this a cool and comfortable spot to enjoy drinks, & dinner. Dining and seating is available inside and also outside on a terrace perfect for watching the day & sun go down. Serving tasty tapas & cool cocktails Monday to Saturday.
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The only negative was the heat, otherwise this tapas restaurant was very good. Located behind a house, once you walk around you find this cute restaurant on the water. The service and food are both excellent, with a bit of kick. The owners are SF transplants and extremely friendly.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I tried SandBar for dinner for the first time during a recent visit to Anguilla; I wish we had tried it on our previous trip, because we really liked it.

SandBar is located on the Road Bay beach in Sandy Ground, and features a tapas menu. The decor is attractive but not fancy, similar to the other nearby restaurants. The menu isn't huge, but it offers an interesting variety of plates for sharing.

We started with some cocktails, Jalapeno Pineapple Mojitos, which were both spicy and very tasty; after we finished those my wife had a glass of chardonnay and I had prosecco. For dinner, my wife had Tuna Poki, I had Pulled Pork Sliders, and we shared Mahi Mahi Fra Diavolo and Spicy Pork Tenderloin. My wife said the tuna was very good, and we both thought the mahi mahi was very tasty (and a very generous portion); the pork tenderloin was good, but not as good as the other food. We both loved the pulled pork, which was probably my favorite food item from the entire 2-week trip (and we ate at many top-notch restaurants).

We didn't have room for dessert. Our server Lavie provided excellent service, and we had a chance to chat with the chef, which we enjoyed. Prices were very reasonable, even by US standards.

SandBar is a new addition to our short list of Anguilla restaurants, and we really enjoyed our meal there. We'll definitely be back the next time we visit the island!

Note: Although SandBar has a web site (the one in the TripAdvisor restaurant details), it doesn't work for me (the page never loads). They also have a Facebook page -- search for @SandBarAnguilla on Facebook to find it.

2  Thank DeeEss
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We love tapas and the SanBar's offerings are the best!This was our third visit and as usual always delicious.
The poke-oh the poke!Mouthwatering with the perfect seasoning. I've tried (without success) to replicate it at home. Not possible. The fish bites were lightly battered and very tasty. The flank steak (a new try for us) was tender and juicy,topped with a chimmicuri sauce that was a perfect match.
Beautiful setting , warm and welcoming staff and owners.

1  Thank sunnym92
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

This is a casual restaurant on the beach that has very good food and prices. My wife and I had the zucchini carpaccio, mahi mahi and barbecue ribs. We finished our meal with the Johnny cake sundae and mango crisp. Everything was delicious. Even with a drink before dinner and coffee with dessert, our bill was only about $90 in for service charge. This restaurant is a nice change of pace on Anguilla.

1  Thank TravelerJohn48
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our family of five ate here one night and it was near the bay where the boats were. Compared to all the other restaurants, I noticed it was very buggy. Thank goodness I had the but spray.
We ordered 5 dishes first and then decided to order more after we had our taste of them. The prices seem low but remember the portions were a lot smaller so with 2 sons who are 18 and 21, and a daughter who is 14 it just wasn't enough. But the food was delicious and I liked the fact that it came out quickly because after the 1st order, we ended up ordering 3 more. We liked the barbecued wings, the flank steak and the fish bites.
Next time, I think it will be just my husband and I. My kids could have sat there and ate and ate and ate....

1  Thank trixgirl