“Nice Tapas”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 17
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sandbar is located on the beach in Sandy Ground, one of the most charming fishing villages in the Caribbean and the "sea and sand" theme of the bar envelopes you as you enter. Lots of natural light, unobstructed views of Road Bay with its myriad boats at anchor - coupled with an abundance of trade breezes make this a cool and comfortable spot to enjoy drinks, & dinner. Dining and seating is available inside and also outside on a terrace perfect for watching the day & sun go down. Serving tasty tapas & cool cocktails Monday to Saturday. Live acoustic music on Thursdays at 7:00.
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

This is a casual restaurant on the beach that has very good food and prices. My wife and I had the zucchini carpaccio, mahi mahi and barbecue ribs. We finished our meal with the Johnny cake sundae and mango crisp. Everything was delicious. Even with a drink before dinner and coffee with dessert, our bill was only about $90 in for service charge. This restaurant is a nice change of pace on Anguilla.

1  Thank TravelerJohn48

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our family of five ate here one night and it was near the bay where the boats were. Compared to all the other restaurants, I noticed it was very buggy. Thank goodness I had the but spray.
We ordered 5 dishes first and then decided to order more after we had our taste of them. The prices seem low but remember the portions were a lot smaller so with 2 sons who are 18 and 21, and a daughter who is 14 it just wasn't enough. But the food was delicious and I liked the fact that it came out quickly because after the 1st order, we ended up ordering 3 more. We liked the barbecued wings, the flank steak and the fish bites.
Next time, I think it will be just my husband and I. My kids could have sat there and ate and ate and ate....

1  Thank trixgirl
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Simple and great sharable food. All the plates were delicious. we drank the very tropical/fruity Sandbar special. The chef recommended the zucchini capacio
it was lite and tasty. The poke great on wontons. Service came with wit and a smile. the husband and wife chef owners are a delight

2  Thank B4366PEpaulf
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We had gone to Sandbar for my wife's birthday dinner with our two toddlers. Thank you Trip Adviser for helping me find this wonderful restaurant.

We were immediately greeted by Darren (owner?) who wished my wife a happy birthday and personally told us the specials and what the most popular dishes were. After ordering he personally came back every so often to check up on things.

You can immediately tell that this place is a local favorite. Not only did everyone seem to know each other but there were alot of repeat vacationing customers. We even saw local reggae legend Bankie Banx there.

We ordered the tuna poki, grilled skirt steak, mahi fra diavlo, mussels, watermelon argula salad and 2 desserts. The tuna was AMAZING. So good in fact, we came back the very next day again for dinner!

Beautiful beach side dining, fantastic food at fair prices and a warm and friendly staff. What more can you ask for? If you want a great memorable meal in a non pretentious atmosphere, then go to Sandbar.

2  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We decided to try the Sandbar for dinner last night and I'm so glad we did. This is a small restaurant directly on the beach serving tapas and great drinks. The wait staff is very friendly, the tapas are wonderful and the prices are reasonable. We had 5 in our party and ordered 2 orders of Sandy fries, 1 watermelon salad, 1 tuna poki, 1 pulled pork sliders(2 nice sized sliders which we split between 5 of us) and 1 order of garlic prawns. With a couple of drinks and a bottle of prosecco we sat at our table directly above the beach listening to the waves and talking about coming back in a night or two. We have 2 teenagers in our group and everyone felt well fed. I would highly recommend this for dinner. They aren't open for lunch this time of year because it's quiet. We have been here for a few days and haven't seen a lot of people but the restaurant was almost full last night which was nice to see. We will definitely go one more time before we leave!

2  Thank kidstravel1995