“Excellent lobster”
Review of Veya Restaurant

Veya Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Sandy Ground
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

The food and service were amazing the temperature of the location onthe night we were there was quite warm. Had the snapper and it was prepared perfectly with mashed potatoes.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We went for dinner with a group of 4 adults and 3 teenagers. The food was the best on the island with great flavors in every dish. The adults had the tasting menu - highly recommended for trying different dishes. The only drawback- we were seated next to a group of 16 adults, a little drunk and very loud. I know it's not the restaurant's fault but the atmosphere went from nice, romantic tree house atmosphere to a loud bar-like atmosphere where we had trouble having a conversation. Too bad! I would go back because the food was great, but will ask for a quiet table next time.

2  Thank kc6789
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We visit Anguilla each year on our anniversary and pick a restaurant for a special dinner. There are a number of wonderful establishment from which to choose. My wife loves Veya. I love Hibernia.

Of the 5 times we've dined tat Veya, I've never felt comfortable or completely satisfied at the end of the evening out.

The food is always very good- though quite expensive. And the room is lovely.

However, I find that we're constantly sat next to a loud group so no matter how nice the room, we can barely hear each other at a table for 2.

As large groups tend to order bottles of wine, they get all of the attention of the owner/sommelier. And we sit beside them hoping for an opportunity to hear each other.

As it's a very popular restaurant, we generally feel that we are being rushed at 6:30 to make room for the next seating. This year we found ourselves leaving the restaurant in under 1 hour.

If the bill was under $100.00 I would have felt better about that. By the time we were done we spent nearly $200.00.

This year we were sat near the entrance and the overpowering smell of disinfectant rose up from the washroom area below. So, no matter how well the food was prepared, I personally could have dined a lot more modestly and felt just as good as our beautifully prepared dish.

The restaurant is open to the gardens and thus a lot of mosquitos. Be sure to spray yourself before arriving.

I hope to avoid Veya next year. But I know my wife will be booking again.

4  Thank anguillaphile2016
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Five stars! The atmosphere is unique and romantic. A sea urchin candle lights your table as you sip your drink of choice. The food is always a culinary delight. We have been there several times for dinner and each time we are delighted with our choice. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Be sure to see if the very talented Omari Banks is playing music that night. It's always a special treat once you finish dinner to hear him sing some of his great music.

2  Thank TravelTyme2010
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Second year in a row eating here and the quality continues to improve. Great choices, service and environment. The fish choices are always fresh and well prepared. I would recommend anyone visiting the island to make sure they dine here, one of the best in the Caribbean.

2  Thank Jimed323