The Dalles Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
View Hotel
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
Balch Hotel(Dufur)
View Hotel
All reviewsclock towerwafflesmain buildingbreakfast room isbaldwin saloonheart of downtownwithin walking distancehard boiled eggsan older hotelbed was comfortablewould stay againthe riverfront desk staffshower headclean roomsnice breakfastgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Have stayed there twice now. My stays were a year apart. Each time the rooms were well appointed and very clean. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Will most definitely stay there next time through.

Room Tip: Rene, I think she was the manager was helpful with getting me a room on the bottom floor so I would not have to climb the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank James G
TheDallesInnManager, Manager at The Dalles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

So happy to hear you will be back on your way through, again.
Renee is one of our newest additions here at the hotel and we are so excited to hear how hopeful she was.
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!
Victoria Martin- Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here during a snow ice storm last Feb. 2012. Stayed in the annex building. Smoking allowed room, king bed which was fabulous! Had wonderful pillows!!! The decor was great, and rooms were super clean. Fridge, dvd,microwave,coffee pot,flat screen tv. Also love how they make their beds with the two topsheets (blanket in the middle). Bathrooms also clean, and tall shower and wonderful water pressure. Staff is fantastic! Jalene,Renee,Michen,Stephanie,Rebecca, & manager Victoria who gave me my awesome room & manager special rate. The staff honestly goes extra miles for their guests. Have extra emerg.supplies at desk, like toothbrushes ect.,coffee, coupons for excellent restaurants (be sure to ask). I have traveled the USA, stayed in many many hotels and this is at the top of the list for me. Oh take in the Sunshine Mill Winery , just down the road (wine by the glass),w/free music friday nights & great historical building. Don't forget Stonehenge (free and awesome), by Biggs Jct, on Wa. side.

Room Tip: I put 5 stars for restaurant, but none one property, great ones walking distance. Excellent cont. breakfast room over looking pool. Room service is only, desk does everything to help make you happy if they can.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna H

We strive for 5 star service and 5 star rooms, so to hear you had both, makes all our hard work worth it!! We hope to see you again!!
Victoria

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable. We stopped in after along trip from Utah with no reservations. They had a room available. We would stay there again on our next trip. The continental breakfast was great. Waffles, fruit, cereals and plenty of extra coffee in the room upon request. Rene was very friendly and and recommended a great restaurant, The Baldwin Saloon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kandi R
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My family has stayed here twice, once each year for the past two years. If I could rate it, it would be about 4.5 of 5 stars.

Positives:
Great beds!!! Nice room w/ microwave and refrigerator. Very good value. Staff was very courteous each time we stayed there. It's close to a great breakfast place, Le Petit Provence (spelling ???), so we did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

Negatives:
Old elevator... But it's an older property that's been remodeled, and if they replaced all these ammenities the price would go up so I'll stick with an old elevator.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My car broke down and I had to stay a night in the dalles. The staff was able to give me a discount and also let me wait in the lobby the next day while my car was being fixed. I was able to use the computer in the lobby, which was very helpful. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo