All reviews wildlife refuge central oregon wildlife area small pond air conditioning motel units road trip directly across the street small bathroom deck overlooking the pond perfect location a great place to stay outback petroglyphs tv kitchenette remote
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast hoping to have a home cooked style meal. I ordered a cheese and veggie omelette. I know I could make a better omelette and providing frozen vegetables in an omelette is just lazy. The toast was only toasted on one side and the home fries we’re inedible. The best part of the dish was a very small watermelon slice. I ate that but most of the rest were left on my plate. While we were eating a staff member decided this was the best time to take a broom to remove cobwebs right outside the window even though we were the only two people in the whole restaurant. Strange experience from beginning to end.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
brain-foust, Owner at The Lodge at Summer Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Crystal,

We are sorry your experience was not up to your expectations. Thank you for calling it to our attention. But we are mystified... We did added fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, & fresh tomatoes to our stir fry blend to make the omelette special for you.
When your husband payed the bill, we asked him how the food was, as is our habit. He said , "Great!" and left a nice tip. We truly wish you had told us that you didn't like the food as we are more than willing to cook something more to your liking.

As for the staff cleaning outside the window, you were not the target. She was cleaning the entire side of the building. Maintenance goes on continually during business hours. Our staff is proud to always strive to maintain the sparkling clean environment that our guests have come to expect.
Again, thank you for your input.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff and clean room. Basic room at a great price. Stayed in one of the seven hotel rooms, there are also a handful of cabins available.

Had dinner one evening at the restaurant. Again- friendly service - great food for a fair price.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I and another couple stayed at the Lodge the weekend of April 13th. It was a fly fishing trip for the guys.
I just wanted to tell anyone who happens to drive by this restaurant in their travels to pull over!! Over the course of the weekend we had breakfast, lunch and dinner.. the food was amazing!! Soups were delicious and piping hot.. breakfast was yummy.. blueberry French toast.. dinners equally as enjoyable. You can bring your own wine for a nominal corkage fee.
The decor is very warm and inviting.. very simple. Staff very accommodating.
We will be back when we are back in the area...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Lodge is right across from Summer Lake, with access to the bird-viewing on the lake, and it is a gorgeous spot. That said, the Lodge is composed of several cabins which looked really nice, and a strip of rooms that are really just like a motel. We stayed in a room in the latter, which was clean and attractive but not super special. However the
restaurant is very good and reasonable, and the people friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My husband and I stopped on our way back to Bend for breakfast. The food was excellent and the service was great. It's a small place and the pace is slower than some but overall it was worth the wait for our excellent food. My husband had the breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. I had the special which was 1/2 order biscuits and gravy. The food was amazing and was home cooked. We will stop again.

Stayed: October 2017