The Lodge at Summer Lake
All reviewswildlife refugecentral oregonwildlife areasmall pondair conditioningdirectly across the streetsmall bathroomfly fishing tripdeck overlooking the pondperfect locationa great place to stayoutbackbroadspetroglyphsmoteltvkitchenette
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I and another couple stayed at the Lodge the weekend of April 13th. It was a fly fishing trip for the guys.
I just wanted to tell anyone who happens to drive by this restaurant in their travels to pull over!! Over the course of the weekend we had breakfast, lunch and dinner.. the food was amazing!! Soups were delicious and piping hot.. breakfast was yummy.. blueberry French toast.. dinners equally as enjoyable. You can bring your own wine for a nominal corkage fee.
The decor is very warm and inviting.. very simple. Staff very accommodating.
We will be back when we are back in the area...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Lodge is right across from Summer Lake, with access to the bird-viewing on the lake, and it is a gorgeous spot. That said, the Lodge is composed of several cabins which looked really nice, and a strip of rooms that are really just like a motel. We stayed in a room in the latter, which was clean and attractive but not super special. However the
restaurant is very good and reasonable, and the people friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My husband and I stopped on our way back to Bend for breakfast. The food was excellent and the service was great. It's a small place and the pace is slower than some but overall it was worth the wait for our excellent food. My husband had the breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. I had the special which was 1/2 order biscuits and gravy. The food was amazing and was home cooked. We will stop again.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a classic roadside lodge in the middle of nowhere. Located on the shore of Summer Lake, the Lodge is a welcome oasis in an area that has very few businesses of any kind. A favorite of hunters and bird watchers, it has an authentic Western feel which isn't faked; it's the real deal.
We stayed in a darling cabin on the lake which gives you an idea of what it would be like to live in a "tiny house". Everything was there, and everything was miniaturized. Two burner stove, small reefer, small TV, small bathroom, but it all worked, and it was immaculately clean. The fold down bed was comfy, and the wall-mounted electric heater kept the chill off on a very chilly night.
We enjoyed our conversations with the co-owner, who also served as concierge, waiter, and lodge historian. Dinner was very good, and all of the prices were extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a cabin by the lake. We stayed in Sage, but all of them looked good. Pretty to sit on the porch and watch the colors change.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The food is between good and excellent. The atmosphere is country --- as I figured in a small town of Summer Lake out in the middle of no where's land in Oregon. Cute little gift shop. Nice view of the little lake/pond on the property. I have been here a few times recently and the only bad is the folks who manage the place are not very friendly. I felt like I was intruding or being a pest by being there. If they had a bit of hospitality training it would more than likely do wonders!!! Sorry just being honest. If they owners can take a little constructive criticism and apply suggestions they will probably have no vacancies more often.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business