“Fast, friendly, and great food”
Review of Ocean Garden

Ocean Garden
Ranked #36 of 198 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This unassuming Chinese style restaurant sit off the road in a very small strip mall. From the outside it doesn’t look like much, but it’s worth exploring. We got there at lunch time and it wasn’t to busy. We ordered and had our food in less than 10 minutes. It was hot, well prepared, and tasted amazing. They don’t skimp on the ingredients. We had the best soup I’ve ever had, at a Chinese restaurant, while waiting on our lunch. My wife and I ate for $15.00 and both took at to-go box with us because the quantities served were large.
The place is clean. Employees/Owner (not sure) was extremely nice. We’ll be going back!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Staff is always polite. Its quick service for dine in and take out. The kids love having so many options.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I grew up in San Francisco with a LOT of Chinese friends. We would always go to Chinatown and ordered what we wanted off the menu. Having access to some of the best food in the world at reasonable prices spoils you. So, I am probably more picky about Chinese food than many others. My partner always orders the same thing - the special appetizer and the #10, but I try something different each time looking for something I like as much as she likes what she always orders. So far, no luck. I have tried the egg foo young, shrimp egg foo young, orange chicken, and kung po chicken. Of those, I will only order the orange chicken again. Nothing I have tried was awful, but most were just average. The orange chicken is average as well, but I liked it the best of all the dishes I tried so far. We live about 15 minutes from town and chose this because it is closest to us. The people are always very friendly and the food, which we usually take away, has always been ready and correct when I pick it up. Recommended with qualifications.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This place is great for what you get, if lacking on ambiance.

Their special dinner gives you a choice of two options (Mar far, pork fried rice, shrimp egg roll, fried shrimp and a couple of different chow mins) and egg flower soup for $7.45; it's more than enough for two people to split and makes a great lunch!

Their egg flower soup is a fav and very hearty on our rainy days!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Has changed names several times, and my have all the same people. Prices a bit steep for quantity and quality. I would pass on it, even with it being very close to my home.

Been to Ocean Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK