“Yummy.”
Review of Far Man Restaurant

Far Man Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 198 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Really good, affordable Chinese food. Huge portions, big selection, and really friendly staff. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

We had heard from a friend that this restaurant had good, authentic Chinese food. That was NOT our experience. We ordered the lunch special which was pork chow mien and an egg roll as well as a pot sticker appetizer. Our first clue that this was not going to be good was being served tea in a broken tea pot with a loose lid and tea that had obviously been brewing for quite a while. The egg flower soup was glutinous rather than light and had little flavor. The pot stickers looked good but the filling was dense and not fresh. The chow mien looked like no chow mien we had ever seen and was not mixed together but layered with raw, cold bean sprouts on top. The egg roll was disgusting with a thick greasy crust. I wish I had taken a picture but I didn't think of it until too late. When I told the waitress our mean was not good, she said it was the first time she had ever had a complaint. No discount or apology despite the fact that we had eaten less than a few bites of each item. My advice, avoid this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

I had been to this restaurant a few times about 10 years ago and it was good then, and I was glad to find the food was still just as good. We had subgum chow mein, egg foo young, and vegetable fried rice and all were quite good. The portion sizes and price were excellent and the service was quick. This isn't the best Chinese food I've ever had, but I would definitely eat here again. The decor could use some updating, but it wasn't horrible. There is a section on the menu for vegetarians, but evidently whoever made the menu isn't aware that when you put oyster sauce with broccoli it is no longer a vegetarian dish. We mentioned this to the waitress, and she seemed surprised to find that out. There were other vegetarian options available, so that item wasn't a big deal, just provided a bit of a laugh for our group.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

i was in town on business and was tired after a long day. I ordered take out to be delivered via Pony Express delivery service. Food arrived timely, but was very mediocre. I ordered crab puffs, they go had been steaming in the box so they were soggy, not crisp. Broccoli beef, fried rice and sweet and sour pork. The broccoli was gray and the pork was also soft and soggy, no longer crunchy. It may have been my fault as I did order take out and it had to be transported, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are having delivery.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

I really used to love eating at this restaurant....the atmosphere was warm, the food was good, the people cared about their customers.

Not anymore.

All this has gone drastically downhill over the years and I do not recommend going there unless you like being ripped off and enjoy really poor service.

And whatever you do, DO NOT order online....they WILL rip you off!