“Good food fast service ”
Review of Hacienda Amigo Mio

Hacienda Amigo Mio
Ranked #29 of 193 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped by with my wife for dinner driving by and was pleasantly surprised. Place was busy but service was very fast. Food came quickly and was really good. Price was very reasonable and the atmosphere was good. Even with lots of people, we were able to have a comfortable conversation, didn’t feel rush, and left full.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Walked here from the Quality Inn where we were staying. Had a family member going through surgery at the nearby hospital, and after the long day in the waiting room the old rice and beans and a margarita sounded pretty good.

Chips were just ok. Had one plain margarita at the happy hour discount and then tried one of the better ones. Both were just fine.

We split the mixed fajitas. The chicken beef and shrimp were all nicely cooked and tasty, and the serving size was generous, which was good, because we were pretty hungry.

This is a typical Northwest "family style" Mexican restaurant, so don't expect authentic preparations or bold flavors. But for what it is, they do a good job, and our server was very efficient and polite. It was just what we needed at the end of a long and difficult day at the hospital. Thanks Hacienda Amigo Mio!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

As far as Mexican restaurants go, this place fits the stereotypical mold. It's location gives it a good convenience for travellers, considering its right off of the I5 corridor. Now let's get something straight here: I LOVE Mexican food. I mean, I'd give it babies if it were possible (maybe one day...). And that's what made my multiple trips to Hacienda Amigo Mio a little disappointing. The food was decent, but not great. The portions were big, but lacked flavor. The staff was friendly, but disengaged. The plate prices lean a little on the expensive side for what you get. Also, I found the dishes to be somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes the food was a little too dry. Other times drenched in a little too much oil. Most of the time it was just 'okay'. And that last part really sums up the restaurant in my opinion. It's okay. Moderate. a decent place to eat, but nothing magical.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

They know us very well here, we are officially family. Usually mexican food is pretty bland around here. My go to dish is the Pollo A La Crema. It is chicken in a white creamed sauce. Totally awesome!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We had just arrived to our hotel after a long seven/eight hour drive. We didn't want to drive anymore. Saw that we could walk to this restaurant from the Courtyard. Service was great. Loved the Margaritas and the food.