Sisters Motor Lodge
Best Western Ponderosa Lodge(Sisters)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Orbitz.com
US$ 107
US$ 95
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 150
US$ 135
ComfortSuites
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome sweet homecute townlawn chairsunique place to staythe usual amenitiessmall cottagewithin walking distancetwo nightswi fiold schoollocation was perfectcomfortable bedsclose to townper nightwonderful stayfull kitchenroad trip
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I've tried to stay here twice, but won't try again because the service is so awful. The first time was three years ago, and I showed up and asked if they had any of their pet friendly rooms available. They hemmed and hawed for almost an hour, making phone calls and looking in the reservation book and thinking about it. It seems they had a room, they just couldn't decide if it was pet friendly or not. Eventually they told me, 'No, we don't really want your dog here.' (nice, clean dog- they didn't even meet her.) I don't mind a 'no' answer, but I have no idea why it took so long to decide.

The next time I tried to stay here was last month. I made a one night reservation a month in advance. The very next day, I called up to cancel that reservation and change it to a different day. Well I sure got an earful! The woman on the phone mistook me for someone else, and unleashed the profanities, telling me that I was not allowed to cancel the reservation 'whether the %@#(*&?!! wedding was happening or not'! I have no idea what wedding she was talking about, and told her. No apologies, nothing. She just said, ok, the room is canceled. I didn't bother to rebook the days I still needed.

The other thing that bugged me was the misleading rates. On the website, it said summer rates start at $89 for a basic room depending on dates. I figured it might be a few dollars higher on a weekend. Well, those rooms are $145 on weekends, which I think is a significant enough difference to be mentioned on the vague rate sheet that they have online.

I think these guys have an 'only game in town' complex, and don't mind being rude since they have more business than they know what to do with during summer. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CamperVanPortland
SMLodge, Owner at Sisters Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

This review/reviewer baffles me on two counts: 1.)that the reviewer did not actually stay at my Lodge and 2.) because I can say with utmost certainty that no matter how exhausted I get during the hectic summer months, I have never and will never use profanity to anyone. I am however, deeply sorry that this reviewer had a "rude" experience contacting any business in my community.
I receive innumerable comments about how exceptionally guest friendly my town is to it's summer influx of visitors. Hospitality and welcoming folks to my town is my business and I am committed to doing my job to the very best of my ability.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is by far the cutest place I spend the night.
I got "grandma's" cabin, and it is so comfortable I didn't want to leave.
If I come back to Sisters, and believe me I will, there is no other place for me to stay than the Sisters Motor Lodge, with Mary Fowler as the best hostess ever.
Thanks Mary.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DutchCowgirl
Reviewed 5 July 2011

What a special place for memories for a lifetime. This wonderful place is so special. Very clean, very peaceful, very serene. Our first impresions were all about the wonderful landscaping, hammocks, picnic tables, and swing hanging from a tree (which I spent a lot of time in). Next was the hostess with the mostest! Then our own enchanted room with warm, welcoming quilts on a very comfy bed. Window boxes with beautiful plants helped us greet the magic of Sisters, OR.

Room Tip: book either online or call.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here last summer and should have stayed for longer than one night. The lady at the front desk was very helpful, the room on the first floor, had nice little touches like magazines and pretty cushions, and a view out to the mountains. it was very nice

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My wife and I was their for our Grandson's Graduation. This motel although small had great customer service. The manager was exceptionally friendly. Our room was a very clean and I mean white glove clean (because I checked). Had a great location to down town Sister. When going to town, we always walked. We liked the decor, the coziness and friendliness of the housekeeping staff as well. If you are looking for a clean room with good customer service, I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family