Coast River Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
Quality Inn Seaside Oregon(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
QualityInn
US$ 186
US$ 182
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$ 247
US$ 220
City Center Motel(Seaside)
US$ 145
Hotels.com
Beachside Inn(Seaside)
US$ 189
River Inn at Seaside(Seaside)
US$ 191
US$ 222
Ashore Hotel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
US$ 245
All reviewssteam roomfull kitchenfront desk staffthe general manageran ocean view roompool and hot tubgas fireplacekitchenetteconventiondogdishwasherboardwalkcoastpet
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

What once was an attractive place to stay in Seaside, is now a place to avoid. My wife and I called on a Friday evening and were lucky, we thought, to reserve a room. When we arrived at the hotel, I should have trusted my senses. There were three clerks working the front desk. They were more interested in talking with each other than with me even during the time they were checking me in. The clerk called what I assumed was housekeeping and gave them a list of room numbers and asked which one would be available. After receiving a response they sent us up to our room. We had reserved a queen Suite. When we arrived the door to our room was open. As we walked in, it was stifling hot. The heat was off and the windows were open. Trying to make the best of a situation I turned on the television. The television was so out of focus and fuzzy we were unable to read any of the graphics on a game that was being shown. I thought perhaps I could use the small fan in the room to cool it down. When I took it out of the closet it had at least a quarter inch of dust on it everywhere. I called down to the front desk and told them my concerns. I asked if we could be assigned to another room. I knew they had several available because the desk clerk had mentioned so many rooms to housekeeping. They apologized profusely and told me they would call me right back. When they did call back they said there were no other rooms available. They did offer to bring up another television and a box fan. Immediately after that phone call they called back to say there were no other televisions available. They then offered to take 15% off of our bill. At this point we flipped a coin as to whether just to turn around and go home or to stay and try to make the best of our weekend. We decided to stay, in retrospect we should have gone home. Later that evening when we went to bed, it was obvious that we were not in a queen-size bed even though we were paying for one. The furnishings are old and shabby, the hotel itself looks tired. One of the two elevators for hotel guests was not in service. It was just not a nice place to stay. We will not be staying there again and recommend you do not either. There are so many other options available in Seaside for nice, clean rooms at an even more affordable price. Time has passed this place by.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigdog0624
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Friday Oct. 6, 2017
Worst hotel it is out dated the lobby is misleading upgraded and very nice lobby, the rooms are out dated run down through out the whole hotel 1 working elevator had to have 2 refrigerators replaced the first night we were there the 3rd fridge on Saturday lost $80 bucks of groceries they charge you a $233 bucks for a 2 queen suite full kitchen nothing worked broken glass on kitchen floor we were on the second floor had a view of the huge AC unit for the hotel NO view.. Saw all 5 maintenance people in a 2 day stay left early . Staff is not dressed in uniforms that were fitting . No manager on duty Friday or Saturday to speak to. Upon check in was told by young girl that she already had 4 people complaining about their rooms as well. No option to upgrade was told hotel was sold out then told by agent actually the maids the day before walked off the job left without cleaning a lot of rooms therefore no rooms. Reported it to the BBB . This is fraud and misleading don't even think of this place as a choice it's horrible.
Rating 0

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is just across the street from the beach. But you have to walk a couple of blocks in the sand to actually reach the ocean. The hotel is old but somewhat maintained and clean. The room had a mini kitchen with older appliances. Only one elevator was working and other guests indicated that the second elevator had been broken for several months. The view from our balcony was wonderful. But the balcony had a scary downward slant to it. I would never allow children out on it. It required a lot of caution when 2 adults were out on the balcony. It only had a 3 foot guard rail around it that did not provide much security. Pet friendly. Good pricing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lin H
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Needing to get away after a tough week, we chose the Shilo for a view of the ocean. At $200 it was more than we expected on a Monday night in September, but expected to splurge a little. What a disappointment. To start, one of two elevators was broken in a 5 story hotel. The room itself was unimpressive. Wallpaper peeling off the wall in the bedroom, unpainted spackle repairs in the bathroom, plaster peeling next to the tub. The front desk did say that the room did not have a view of the beach, but did have a view of the ocean. Our view (through filthy, broken windows) was mostly of the roof and vents, with a little ocean in the distance. Too tired to change hotels, we stayed, sleeping on a bed that was sunken in the middle. To add insult to injury, when we tried to make coffee in the morning, we had no regular coffee packets and the old one was still in the coffee pot. It took two phone calls to the desk and 30 minutes to get the coffee. By the way, the price of the room did NOT include breakfast. Upon complaining in the morning, the desk clerks did reduce the room charge by 20%.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it, especially if you have paid extra for a view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lydia L
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We arrived in Seaside pre-booked at a different hotel, only to discover that the hotel we booked could not accommodate us as my wife is disabled and requires an elevator/lift to get upstairs. which was pre-arranged.to make sure it was available . We arrived to find there is no elevator in the building we were to occupy. It was suggested that two employees assist in getting her up to the third floor. This was not practical.

We were advised to check the Shilo Inn & Suites for a room. When we arrived, Emma was expecting us and she did her utmost to get us checked into an amazing room.

Emma's attention to detail, great attitude and commitment to customer service was a blessing. We highly recommend Emma for any Employee of the Month award or to any future employers to consider her as a great asset.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple