All reviewssteam roomfull kitchenfront desk staffthe general managerfull ocean viewpool and hot tubgas fireplacekitchenetteconventiondogdishwasherboardwalkcoastpet
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is just across the street from the beach. But you have to walk a couple of blocks in the sand to actually reach the ocean. The hotel is old but somewhat maintained and clean. The room had a mini kitchen with older appliances. Only one elevator was working and other guests indicated that the second elevator had been broken for several months. The view from our balcony was wonderful. But the balcony had a scary downward slant to it. I would never allow children out on it. It required a lot of caution when 2 adults were out on the balcony. It only had a 3 foot guard rail around it that did not provide much security. Pet friendly. Good pricing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lin H
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Needing to get away after a tough week, we chose the Shilo for a view of the ocean. At $200 it was more than we expected on a Monday night in September, but expected to splurge a little. What a disappointment. To start, one of two elevators was broken in a 5 story hotel. The room itself was unimpressive. Wallpaper peeling off the wall in the bedroom, unpainted spackle repairs in the bathroom, plaster peeling next to the tub. The front desk did say that the room did not have a view of the beach, but did have a view of the ocean. Our view (through filthy, broken windows) was mostly of the roof and vents, with a little ocean in the distance. Too tired to change hotels, we stayed, sleeping on a bed that was sunken in the middle. To add insult to injury, when we tried to make coffee in the morning, we had no regular coffee packets and the old one was still in the coffee pot. It took two phone calls to the desk and 30 minutes to get the coffee. By the way, the price of the room did NOT include breakfast. Upon complaining in the morning, the desk clerks did reduce the room charge by 20%.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it, especially if you have paid extra for a view.
2  Thank Lydia L
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We arrived in Seaside pre-booked at a different hotel, only to discover that the hotel we booked could not accommodate us as my wife is disabled and requires an elevator/lift to get upstairs. which was pre-arranged.to make sure it was available . We arrived to find there is no elevator in the building we were to occupy. It was suggested that two employees assist in getting her up to the third floor. This was not practical.

We were advised to check the Shilo Inn & Suites for a room. When we arrived, Emma was expecting us and she did her utmost to get us checked into an amazing room.

Emma's attention to detail, great attitude and commitment to customer service was a blessing. We highly recommend Emma for any Employee of the Month award or to any future employers to consider her as a great asset.

2  Thank wayneturner1
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I came to eat for a business meeting so I didn't expect too much but waitress Tess was very nice and brought us drinks pretty quickly. I ended up getting the Ribeye and they let me have sweet potato fries instead of a baked potato, which was nice. My partner had the calamari and he said it wasn't chewy like he's had at a few other places and that it had good flavor. The head chef Sam even briefly came to greet us and ask about our meal, that was a nice touch. The wait wasn't bad since I had made a reservation. Overall the experience surprised me and I'm sure I'll be back in the future.

Room Tip: Call and talk to whoever you can about finding a good room for a good price, they will work with you.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Wow, where to start.... The room was small, but we didn't reserve a suite. There was a bed, one night stand, a small stand alone closet, a TV on a stand and a floor fan. Oh, I forgot to mention the one picture hanging on the wall. I would guess the room measured 12X12. One of the outstanding features was the concrete block wall! It was painted, but that's it.
The "dinning" area was dark and very uninviting as was the little bar that was tucked in the back. The tables and chairs were probably purchased when the place was built. Even though the hotel was located directly on the beach, we never saw more than a dozen people in the dinning area and this was Labor Day Weekend when the hotel and town was jammed.

Room Tip: Don't!!! There are a number of other nice hotels located on the beach.
1  Thank Mac-Susan