Hi-Tide Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 8 March 2011

My family and I love this hotel. It is the only place we will stay in Seaside. The staff is wonderful, willing to help make your stay enjoyable. We love the balcony and the view that it provides of the beach and ocean. The entertainment center is not only for the TV but also to hang and place your clothing. An extremly good use of the space in my opinion. The shops are very close and the choice of restaurants is great. Additionally there are steps just mere feet from the hotel that lead to the beach, where there is a cute little swingset that we use everytime we visit. Add to this the fireplace, the kitchenette (which has pots and pans, plates, bowls, cups and glasses and utensils, they even provide dishwashing liquid) and the somewhat roomy well stocked bathroom, that has enough towels for a family of four. The pool and hot tub are great, DVD movie selection is wonderful and the muffins in the morning and warm cookies at night are delicious. 5 *****'s all the way!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ufrenchfry

Reviewed 25 February 2011

Just returned from spending 3 nights at the Hi-Tide in Seaside. I was wary about this place, only having the reviews here to go from, and the motel itself has hardly any web presence at all. So, I wasn't able to do as much research as I'd normally like, and went in with fingers crossed.

I wasn't disappointed. Normally at Seaside I'll get an ocean front room at the Shilo, but their prices are so ridiculous (especially for off-season) that it's no longer an option. I was able to get 3 nights ocean front at the Hi-Tide for about the same price as 1 night ocean front at the Shilo. This had me a bit worried. Once I got there, saw the room and settled in, my fears were gone.

The Hi-Tide is a medium sized (for Seaside) privately owned property, right on the promenade. The kitchenette was well stocked and adequate in size, the room size was average. The bed was soft/bouncy, which wasn't a plus as I prefer a harder mattress, but it still wasn't bad. The view and deck were fantastic. The decor is a dated and the furniture is older, yes. It's still all very functional and not out of line with coast motels. The room and kitchenette was a bit smaller than the Shilo, but it was much cleaner, and the property in general was much better maintained than the Shilo or a lot of other ocean front motels there.

The staff was very friendly and down to Earth. They were helpful and respectful of our privacy. Generally, when we check in some place for a few days we put out the Do Not Disturb sign the entire time. For some reason this bothers a lot of staff, and we're continually accosted by cleaners who want into our room. Not here. They were very respectful of us and we felt like we actually were guests, not an annoyance.

Like most beach motels on the Oregon coast, this is not a luxury resort. If you go in thinking it will be, you've got another thing coming. However, it is a very clean, well cared for, comfortable place with everything you need for a relaxing few days at the beach. And face it, when you're at the beach that's what you want, isn't it? The location is great, right on the promenade, a couple of blocks off of Broadway (the main strip in Seaside, if you can call it that!). I hope to keep coming here, I think it's a better value than most of its neighbors along the coast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ArloW
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Stayed here for a week and loved this town. Very quainty seaside village that had surprisingly some very good restaurants. Temperatures went to 80 degrees on my second day--then back to 70. My room never recovered. The temperatures in the room was almost unbearable. They have windows that open, but being I was put on the ground floor, my window would open right to the street, so I could only keep it open when I was in the room and awake. The managers were nice and they provide some sort of daily breakfast and nightly cookies, but I never partook in that.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We only stayed for one night. Has Great ocean beach views (because its right on the beach) and is perfect distance for walking to where all the action and shops are. They could use a bit of an updated remodel, but was nice otherwise (and elevator was broken). Nice big patios to sit out on and a warm fireplace too!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Overall very good, but needs a little updating. Bathroom fan was on its last legs and making noise. Computer system was down so they could not find our reservation but they gave us a room anyway.
Location is perfect.
Also had black hairs on my sheets at my feet, and neither of us are that color. Assume that the vacuum did not pick something up and it got on my feet...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple