All reviews our ground floor room great view of the beach room was clean bit dated separate bedroom staff was friendly would stay here again judy ocean privacy
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We weren't looking for anything extravagant, just a place to stay in town close to everything on a busy Saturday night. About 2 weeks out, my girlfriend reserved the Ocean Front off Booking.com because it was one of the few places available right on the beach. After a 3 hour drive from Tacoma, we arrived at 8 pm to find that our room had been sold out from under us.

According to the woman at the front desk, there was a problem with the credit card and they had tried to reach us. Come to find out she sent one email two hours before our arrival, while we were traveling there!! Then she rented the room to someone else. No missed phone calls, and no contact from Booking.com. No issues with the credit card. Our app still showed that the reservation was confirmed.

The only thing that saved our vacation was the last remaining room in Seaside that night - at the Red Lion. Booking.com refunded us the difference. Based on the reviews here and the condition of the motel when we pulled up, we dodged a bullet. It really looks terrible. DO NOT book here unless you do it in person and have no other choices.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

First let me say that I booked this motel with no unreasonable expectations. I knew from reading reviews that this was a somewhat run-down property, with cleanliness issues, but the price can’t be beat for oceanfront location, and I’m not terribly picky about room condition. I travel a lot, and as long as sheets and towels are clean, I’m pretty content. I noted when booking on their website, that the rates are cheaper for their back-side rooms with no ocean views, but it was worth it to me to pay extra for an oceanfront room, so I reserved and pre-paid for a double queen, 2nd floor oceanfront room.

When I arrived at check-in time, the lady in the office checked me in, gave me a key, and pointed to a small concrete structure on the far backside of the parking lot, saying your room is right there. So I politely showed her my reservation confirmation, emailed to me from the motel office, which showed an oceanfront 2nd floor room pre-paid. She became very belligerent at this point, said she had no idea what had happened, but the parking lot room was the only room left and I could take it or leave it, but it was too late for a refund. She then told me it would work fine, as I only needed one bed, and I was lucky because it had a kitchen, and my reserved room did not.

Um. Sure, I have one night at the ocean, I’m sure I want to spend it cooking?? Also, the way she stressed that I was only one person made me feel reasonably certain that she purposefully switched my room because someone showed up who needed two beds, and wouldn’t take the single bed parking lot room. Because I had never said it was just me, so the only way she would have known is if she was looking at the reservation details, in other words, she knew full well she was giving me the wrong room, and was attempting to just power through it as if she had no idea.

I didn’t want to waste my one night at the ocean trying to find alternative lodging, (Saturday night in Seaside? Not going to happen) plus getting a refund would obviously be a fight, so I just took the room. Once upon a time, it was a cute vintage cabin sort of room, it is now a hot mess of cigarette stained and burned furniture, and cleanliness is not a big concern here. (One of the drinking glasses was ironically wrapped in a “sanitized for your protection” paper wrapper. What’s ironic is the glass inside the wrapper had old milk in it). However, from the reviews, that much I had expected going in. I wouldn’t have paid what I did, though, for a back-of-the-parking lot room with no ocean view.

It was in the upper 40’s overnight my evening here, and pretty frigid in the room, but I couldn’t get the heaters in the room to turn on. I slept in full sweatpants and hoodie and a hat. I turned the baseboard heaters up to full blast trying to get something to happen, but they remained cold to the touch until about 4am, when they finally turned on.

When checking out the next morning, there was a different lady in the office, who seemed to be the manager. I asked her about getting a partial refund for the rate difference between the oceanfront room I paid for, and the parking lot room I stayed in. She told me she would need to “research the matter”. Seriously?! What the heck is there to research, she had my reservation confirmation and the rate I paid laying on the desk in front of her. She said after “researching”, she would call the owners, and then call me that evening and let me know what they could do about it.

Would it surprise you to know I’ve never received that call many days later?

The thing is, a little customer service would have gone a long way here. If there had been even a small “sorry about the mix-up”, or an ethical refund of the rate difference, I would have been content and chalked it up to one of those things that happen. The management & staff handled this about as poorly as could possibly be done.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank misty_bee_Wyo
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The kitchenette suite is nice for families. It also has a separate bedroom for more privacy. The view is beautiful and only a few steps to the beach. Close enough to walk everywhere you'll need to go.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The location is right on the beach, so the view from our ground-floor room was beautiful. There used to be doors from the rooms right onto the beach, but they appear to have been bricked-in, which is quite unfortunate. Our room was dated but clean. We definitely recommend requesting a second-floor room, as there is no privacy on the ground floor with tourists walking right by unless you close the curtains, which defeats the purpose of an ocean-front room.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean-view room on the second floor, for view and privacy.
Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We have been going there for years. We took some friends there for the first and we were treated like crap and the rooms where discusting don't waste your time and your money.the Nanagement does nothing and the place is a dump.

Room tip: Don't go there
Date of stay: August 2017