“Cozy condo with an ocean view...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rose B
Vancouver
“Enjoyed the View”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Sand and Sea Condominiums is the perfect location and what a view! The 2 bedrooms (3 beds total) and 2 baths were perfect for us. Unfortunately we had a bit of a rough start here in unit 402 concerning housekeeping. Upon walking into the kitchen, our shoes were sticking to the tile kitchen floor. Also discovered not thoroughly cleaned toilets, dirty cabinet and countertop surfaces, a clogged bathroom sink, a towel bar fell off the wall, stains on the carpet and furniture and other off-putting details that made us feel like there had been only a meager attempt at cleaning this unit before our arrival. Management responded quickly but since housekeeping had gone for the day, we were told, they could only provide us with some cleaning rags for the time being. We did not want to wait till the next day, so my friends and I mopped the kitchen and hall floors with rags and paper towels to get the stickiness off. They said the floor cleaner housekeeping was using left a residue (and it certainly did!) but really all it needed to remove the stickiness was a good rinsing! We scrubbed out the toilets, and wiped up all of the other dirt we saw at the time. Kept seeing more dirt as time went on, though. Unit simply had not had a deep cleaning in some time is my suspicion. Surprised at the word "Elegant" in the above description. For the rate we paid I was expecting a little nicer. Living room furniture was comfy but stained and worn; rip in fabric on old recliner; dents and scrapes on the walls, peeling wallpaper in bath and older fixtures throughout. Enjoyed the patio, but it did not have very comfy outdoor chairs. We enjoyed the lovely fireplace and TV. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed since we only stayed in for breakfasts. There was a one-day supply of coffee and some tea and sugar. I brought coffee but when needing to use it I could not find a coffee filter anywhere. (Bring your own coffee and filters). Management came and fixed the clogged drain next morning. At check-out I was offered a refund of our cleaning fee and many apologies. Apologies and refund accepted, thank you, Vacasa! I would consider perhaps a different unit at these Condos in the future. Really can't beat the location.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mary H
“Cozy condo with an ocean view...”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Exactly what we were looking for: comfortable, right on beach/promenade of Seaside, Ore. (Almost) complete kitchen, gas fireplace; affordable (off season) & convenient walking distance to Broadway street (where restaurants are), & the option of wonderful, brisk walks daily along the beach.
We understood that the condo had needed to hire some temporary maid help, which explained why there were 5 long dark hairs on the shower wall in the master bath, "something" on the sheet in the master bedroom & a few coffee drips beneath the coffee pot in the kitchen: all cleanable. The excellent washer/dryer (with detergent), the well-running dishwasher & the flat screen TV's in all the rooms more than made up for a little (cleanable) dirt. The master King sized bed did have a bit of a slope to it on one side, but it did not keep my husband from a good night's sleep all 3 nights. I would have gladly brought my broiler pan (we put our steaks in the freezer & took them home), our own wine glasses (there were 3 wine glasses & one was fairly cracked - but I just washed the 2 we used by hand every evening) & a large lid (neither the stew pot nor the large fry pan had a lid), but again, I just changed how I make eggs & wiped up the splatters; the seafood sauce I made in the stew pot turned out well despite the lack of the lid, so its all good. The cozy decor (beautiful & unique artwork, comfortable furniture) & location was outstanding!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The location & the decor.
Liked least: The housekeeping & the missing kitchen accomodations (mentioned earlier).
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing