All reviews room was clean great price stay there again full kitchen indoor pool two blocks within walking distance close to downtown king bed convenient location the main drag staff was friendly salt water taffy coffee maker short walk to the beach get away spring break
Reviewed 22 November 2016

The location of this place couldn't have been better, just a few feet from ocean access. The room itself was really cozy; the pillows and bed were in excellent shape and the decor was inviting. Housekeeping was excellent; they pay good attention to detail in every room.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you had the most wonderful trip while staying here with us, We truly do value our guest, and we do our best to make sure you have a unique experience. I will definitely pass on your kudos to the team! Again, thank your for this WONDERFUL review, and we will see you next time!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

The outside of the building is uninviting. I had a room with a queen bed.The bed and pillows were comfortable and clean. The carpet was very worn and looked dirty. The paint in the living area was chipping off and the inside of the shower was in disrepair, with parts chipping off. On the plus side, it is short walk to the beach and promenade and to the main part of town. I had a Groupon and it made the price very affordable. I had a pleasant experience with the hotel clerk.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip-Advisor. I am sorry you had a not so good experience while staying with us, we hope you will give us another try and we are doing a slight renovation and deep clean now with all of our rooms. Thank-you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We just returned home from a 2 night stay in a double queen/kitchenette room(223) and enjoyed it very much, the only thing I would have liked better was a sitting area in the "living room" where one of the beds was, it was nice to have a separate bedroom though with the 2nd bed. The kitchenette was nice for making breakfast in the mornings & came with quite a few pots, pans, & dishes.
The pool is very small but it does have a few nice jets at one end which was nice since there is no hot tub.
The location is only a 2 block walk to the beach, We all would return again if the price was right.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip-advisor!!! It's a pleasure to hear you had the best time while staying with us. I will take a look into the room you had and see about the sitting area. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

The stay was fine,the bed was amazing. The staff was very nice also. The motel is very old and could use some attention..It is super close to town and restaurants. We also were able to check in early,so that was nice.

Room tip: rooms are small
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Thank-you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I happy to hear you had a good nights rest in our comfy beds,one of the great benefits in off season is your chances of checking in early are good!! Glad you loved the location as we are in the heart of downtown :) Thank you again

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Ok place. Discovered during the night that the bathroom had tiny ants. Unfortunately, they were in a drinking glass that I used & didn't realize til it reached my mouth. (I was half asleep at the time.) They bit my lips. So it's hard to be positive in this review. The place is old and worn out. But the location is close to the beach & main shopping. Front desk person could have been nicer, but wasn't mean. I thought it interesting the shower had a seat in it for handicap folks, but no one in a wheelchair or walker could have gotten to the bathroom to use it due to the lack of room to get past the bed. Heater was very good.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us trip adivsor! I am very sorry about the ant issue and can assure you I have taken the steps to get rid of them, again my sincere apologies. We hope you will come see us again and give us another try!