“Great hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was our first experience staying at the La Quinta. We chose this hotel for their excellent pet policy, which we really appreciated. The room, about the smallest hotel room I've ever been in (2 queen beds, felt like a cruise ship cabin), was fairly clean....a couple stray hairs on the bedsheets, but the bathroom passed inspection. The pool was really anticipated by my children. The pool area just appeared dingy. There was no smell of chlorine in the air or the pool water. The water was swampy - bobby pins and lots of hair. The water was not clear. I wish I had complained at the front desk about the condition of the pool. I'm a little worried that someone is going to catch something from swimming in this pool. Aside from that, the breakfast was fine, and we slept just fine as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cori M
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

***DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!***

There are much better places to stay on the same street and same block!

This motel has the most unprofessional and under-qualified staff I have EVER encountered. I am still in utter disbelief.

When we returned at 2:00 this afternoon after a morning excursion, our room had not been cleaned. Okay, not a big deal. I called the front desk and asked for it to be cleaned, and was told that someone would be up. Went out again for about an hour, and returned to find the room still had not been touched. Still okay, but getting concerned because I know housekeeping staff only works until late afternoon in this kind of establishment.

Called to the front desk again, and was again told that someone would be up. Wife called a half hour later to remind them. Still nothing. Left the hotel at 4:00 PM and stopped by the front desk to ask them yet again to clean the room. The front desk clerk looked confused, but said "Okay."

Well, we returned back to the room at 8:00 PM, and guess what. Still not clean! Called the front desk and got transferred to a "manager" who apologized and said someone would be up to clean. We went out, and returned at 10:30 PM, to find one of the beds quickly made, and the other bed had the sheets pulled up, but the blanket was on the floor. There were absolutely NO towels in the room, and NO Kleenex. The bathroom had not been touched.

I called the front desk again, and was told that all the towels were in the dryer, and it would be a few more minutes. About 15 minutes later, someone showed up with bath towels, but no hand towels or washcloths. She asked if everything was ok, and I lost it on her. She was offended that I was upset, and said she did not appreciate MY attitude. She said, "Have a good night," and walked away. I let the door close behind her, baffled by her attitude.

After gaining my composure, I walked down the hall and found her standing by the elevators. She then said she didn't appreciate me slamming the door on her! Now, she was accusing the customer of doing wrong. The hotel staff didn't do anything wrong, it is the customer's fault that my room wasn't cleaned after numerous requests. She said she had nothing else to say, told me her name, and said I could speak to the general manager in the morning (which I certainly will, as I am writing this from my motel room. But, I am not expecting anything will be done).

This is the first and LAST time I will ever stay at a La Quinta establishment. I am not one to complain, but this experience went way overboard. There is nothing about this "motel" that should make anyone want to stay here, unless you prefer mediocrity at best. The Marriott Residence Inn, and the Hampton Inn and Suites are on the same street and comparably priced. The La Quinta is definitely two steps below the other establishments on the same block. Absolutely no reason to stay here!

Room Tip: The Marriott Residence Inn and Hampton Inn and Suites are superior properties for a comparable price...