“Excellent!”
Review of Mongolian Grill - CLOSED

Mongolian Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Had dinner here Saturday, January 26, 2013. My husband and I had the mongolian grill ($10.95/per person). We've eaten here before and keep coming back because the food is excellent. The mongolian grill choices are vast; it's your choice of meat, lots of vegie choices and sauces. You can also decide how spicy you want your food to be. Everything is fresh and very tasty. One nice thing the chef will do for you is: if you have food allergies, he will grill your food separate and on another grill. This is extremely helpful because my husband has an allergic reaction to pineapple.
In the summertime we ate here and the restaurant had a raffle for a "NFL Football Night". We all entered our names and in the fall our daughter won! The winner received a seat of honor (on a big cushy black leather couch) placed in front of a big screen for a NFL Football game. Plus, she received 5 free drinks, which could be alcoholic or not. We all went and it was tremendously fun.
The outside of the restuarant is located in a sketchy area of Roseburg next to a mini-market. But outside looks are deceiving. Inside the Zen Mongolian Grill has this cool, japanese vibe. Whoever did the decorating did an outstanding job. A+ to this restaurant and I hope you stay in Roseburg a very long time.

2  Thank OregonProud7

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Very good food, help is good but a little over priced. The place its self is very attractive & a good place to go & listen to music, watch a sports show & just relax other times.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

My mom and I dinned at the Zen Mongolian Grill after finding them on a restaurant gift certificate website. (We were out of towners which can add to the dilemma of picking a place to eat).

It was fantastic! Our waitress was extremely personable (even after learning we had a certificate), informative and prompt. I liked the ambiance which included a water feature, aquarium and a separate sitting area for those wishing to watch sports and be in a bar like atmosphere. Instead of partaking in the choose your own items to be grilled option, we selected the Orange Chicken from the menu. I still think about how tasty it was.

It was a very pleasant dining experience. If we were locals I'd be there on a regular basis.

P.S. - it's a little hard to locate. It's at the back end of the parking lot of a plant nursery.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This restaurant looks pretty bad from the outside, and the inside isn't a great deal more attractive, but the mongolian barbeque was excellent. Three of us had the barbeque and one had a curry chicken. Odd choice for a Mongolian BBQ place, but she said the curry chicken was one of the best she'd had in quite a while. The BBQ was great. Lots of ingreidents, sauces, etc. It did take a while to get the food cooked, but it came out hot, and was delicious.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Been a while since Ive been here. I believe they now have a bar open. Pick your meats... pick your veggies ... pick your sauces and they will grill em up Mongolian style. Yummo