“$115 plus tax and dog fee was too high...”
Review of Beach Stay Motel

Beach Stay Motel
Beach Stay Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed two nights in Unit 1. Half the sitting room was taken over by the manager's office leaving the space feeling cramped for the money. And there was no good reading light--just the overhead fixture. With the sofa bed folded out, I could barely open the entry door. The bedroom was better with it's comfortable bed and good reading lights. The dining set was awkward, its tall chairs hard to get into, glass table top tilted if leaned on, and it blocked the way into the bedroom. I can say that it was clean and nicely decorated, but it just felt small. Although there was no maid service, the manager was kind and accommodating--found us a cookie sheet for our store-bought cookie dough. The grounds were tidy and cheerful with flowers, but overall I thought it overpriced. Perhaps other units were roomier.

Room Tip: Unit 1 was small. Perhaps the others are bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary H

Reviewed 5 September 2013

A few weeks ago when the heat was nearly unbearable (for me at least) here in the Portland-metro area, I decided to check out Rockaway Beach, and was looking for someplace which was affordable, and most of all, quiet. Beach Stay Motel provided both, as I was able to get eight hours of sleep listening to the background rhythms of the ocean. The room was neat and clean, and had a "homey" feel to it (I stayed in unit# 2). Antique stores and restaurants are within convenient walking distance. For one or two people, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kjsblue11
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although I thought this place was nice enough, it still was not worth the price. I liked the fact that there will nice little touches with a full bottle of Bath & Body Works lotion and blue towels instead of the usual sterile white. It was also nice to have a fridge and microwave, but the bed wasn't very big or cozy and the walls were a little too thin. They do the best with what they have, but it still doesn't scream $100 per night. My advice is to skip Rockaway Beach altogether. There isn't much going on here with cute shops or nice restaurants. You'd be better off paying $100 in Cannon Beach or Seaside on a weekday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights. There was no maid service, but from our experience that seems to be quite common for short-term stays in Oregon. Also, our room was small, but furnished with lots of care and certainly individually.

Great was the extremely short distance to the beach and the BBQ. And, of course, the owner family was always there if you needed anything, be it coffee or whatever. We liked it very much!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in town, for the weekend. thought since this place allows pets it would be fine..... made the reservations 3 weeks in advance, and at that time let them know there would be two med size dogs.
Checked in, had to park across the street.... got into our room... and turned on the tv....
went to take a shower, and when I was done taking my shower, the floor was sooooooo wet that I used my towels to dry up the floor so I could use the bathroom mirror.
We left the next morning about 8am and was gone until about 10pm.... when we got back to the room... we found no one had removed the towels, remade the bed, or restocked the coffee for the next morning..... I went to the office, it said I could reach the manager on a cell phone.... she did not answer, and when I tried to leave a message, it said I could not leave one. There was no one around to assist.

Even at the dive hotels that you pay 50.00 - 75.00 dollars a night, you at least get maid service... I will not stay there again!! VERY disappointing!! considering the cost for the room, not worth that amount of money!!

Room Tip: the rooms may be OK, but the 2ed day is not worth the money you spend.... Stay ANYWHERE else when in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
0.1 km away
Sea Haven Motel
Sea Haven Motel
#2 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Beach Stay Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK