All reviews room was clean fridge motel rockaway beach highway
Reviewed 5 September 2013

A few weeks ago when the heat was nearly unbearable (for me at least) here in the Portland-metro area, I decided to check out Rockaway Beach, and was looking for someplace which was affordable, and most of all, quiet. Beach Stay Motel provided both, as I was able to get eight hours of sleep listening to the background rhythms of the ocean. The room was neat and clean, and had a "homey" feel to it (I stayed in unit# 2). Antique stores and restaurants are within convenient walking distance. For one or two people, this is a great place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kjsblue11
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although I thought this place was nice enough, it still was not worth the price. I liked the fact that there will nice little touches with a full bottle of Bath & Body Works lotion and blue towels instead of the usual sterile white. It was also nice to have a fridge and microwave, but the bed wasn't very big or cozy and the walls were a little too thin. They do the best with what they have, but it still doesn't scream $100 per night. My advice is to skip Rockaway Beach altogether. There isn't much going on here with cute shops or nice restaurants. You'd be better off paying $100 in Cannon Beach or Seaside on a weekday.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights. There was no maid service, but from our experience that seems to be quite common for short-term stays in Oregon. Also, our room was small, but furnished with lots of care and certainly individually.

Great was the extremely short distance to the beach and the BBQ. And, of course, the owner family was always there if you needed anything, be it coffee or whatever. We liked it very much!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in town, for the weekend. thought since this place allows pets it would be fine..... made the reservations 3 weeks in advance, and at that time let them know there would be two med size dogs.
Checked in, had to park across the street.... got into our room... and turned on the tv....
went to take a shower, and when I was done taking my shower, the floor was sooooooo wet that I used my towels to dry up the floor so I could use the bathroom mirror.
We left the next morning about 8am and was gone until about 10pm.... when we got back to the room... we found no one had removed the towels, remade the bed, or restocked the coffee for the next morning..... I went to the office, it said I could reach the manager on a cell phone.... she did not answer, and when I tried to leave a message, it said I could not leave one. There was no one around to assist.

Even at the dive hotels that you pay 50.00 - 75.00 dollars a night, you at least get maid service... I will not stay there again!! VERY disappointing!! considering the cost for the room, not worth that amount of money!!

Room tip: the rooms may be OK, but the 2ed day is not worth the money you spend.... Stay ANYWHERE else when in this area!!!!!!!!!
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank janetc40
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband just spent the week at Beach Stay Motel. We stayed in the smallest room available of the four rooms there. For a couple, it was just right. The room was very clean and comfortable. As other reviewers have said, it isn't fancy but has a nice home away from home appeal. The room had a nice sized refrigerator and microwave to help keep snacks and such. Our host was quite nice and welcoming. I would stay here again. I only wish it was a little more south on the coast to be more centralized. However, if you are looking for a beautiful, hidden treasure of an area, this is the perfect spot.

Room tip: There are several sized rooms from which to choose. For a couple, this was just right. We were gone most of the time, exploring the coast, so we didn't need a bigger room.
Date of stay: June 2013